It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Puschtras Touring Masters - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

makkezzi

PostSat Apr 27, 2013 4:33 pm

OK so... here I am :) Nice to see Afonso has been talking about me ;)

Markus Kotka
Finland
BMW (Some of you guys wanted fast player in BMW, i'm just a player)
That Finnish guy who came from NSGP. Carpe diem

Lanz

Community User Level: 4

PostSat Apr 27, 2013 4:37 pm

makkezzi wrote:OK so... here I am :) Nice to see Afonso has been talking about me ;)

Markus Kotka
Finland
BMW (Some of you guys wanted fast player in BMW, i'm just a player)

hehe nice! welcome to TS!

Oschersleben race vids are up for download here.

Afinfas

Community User Level: 3

PostSat Apr 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Just a teaser for today´s races!!! :lol:

Im pretty confident on this lap: 18.363s 8)
Im sure Eddie and Dede will be able to match it, or even make laps consistently with that time but...still im satisfied with it.

ps: Wasn't the forum a little bit dead during the last 2 weeks?? Or its my impression? Or this happens frequently from time to time? Or persons are loosing interest on this competition?

:?:
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Stylus

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 3:54 am

How much laps will the race be?

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 4:02 am

Afinfas wrote:Just a teaser for today´s races!!! :lol:

Im pretty confident on this lap: 18.363s 8)
Im sure Eddie and Dede will be able to match it, or even make laps consistently with that time but...still im satisfied with it.
Well, I'm not quite consistently at that pace, but yeah, my best lap is a Peugeot 206. I'm sure Wokinger has done an imaginary 17.9xx though!

Afinfas wrote:ps: Wasn't the forum a little bit dead during the last 2 weeks?? Or its my impression? Or this happens frequently from time to time? Or persons are loosing interest on this competition?

Yeah, happens sometimes.

Mike Nike

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 4:17 am

i tested and 62 laps should be closest to the 20min zone.

Lanz

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 5:30 am

Stylus wrote:How much laps will the race be?

http://turbosliders.com/view_cup.php?id=225&offset=420

dede

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Tijny wrote:Well, I'm not quite consistently at that pace, but yeah, my best lap is a Peugeot 206.

Wanker! I'll be racing for 3rd place today..

Lanz

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 2:04 pm

patetic quali but good race! nice podium again!
if dede wins next week he can get to a max of 144 points, even if Eddie misses next race he has 151 in total! so congratz dede to the win and congratz to Eddie, our first ever PTM Champion! gj dude!

EDIT: Download race replays here. thx dede

Afinfas

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Review:

Made it to Q2 and improved a bit my lap from Q1, which has never happened before i guess. And was surprised to see that i got 2nd place on the grid, between the fastest guys, Eddie and Dede.

On race, as usual, i messed up my start letting Dede pass on 2nd turn already but then i think got my pace behind them both.
Didnt had a clue in terms of pit strategy but-...in the end i think it was a terrible one (3 stops).
Lap 16 i went to pit, and then 32 and then 48 i think. I entered first pitstop on 3rd place with a comfortable advantage to 4th place, Lanz i think.
After these pitstops i was behind him somehow...didnt drove a very consistent race but didnt made so many mistakes like that. I was quite confident to get a 3rd place but not....5th was my final standing!

Hmmm, Mike wasnt there so i thought i could bring that podium home!
Now i need a great last race in order to pass Lanz on final standings i guess! :shock:

To mention a surprising Kotka, on his debut race, on Q1 got a 3rd place!! Dont know what happened on real race though as he was stopped for 3 or 4 laps....hmmm....will wait for his report! :D

EDIT: Bolo didnt helped at all.....being overlapped I lost loads of time cause of him while i was following Dede... but i guess this cant be an excuse! :(
Last edited by Afinfas on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

makkezzi

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Yeah, thoughts about my first race ever :D
I managed to get into the server, that was a good start! :D
On Q1 I just tried to stay on track and be fast to get as good times as I got when I practiced and I got one :) 18.5xx sec, I wasn't expecting that ;D I was 3rd fast and got into Q2. I made a mistake that I finished my bread before Q2 started, so I got greasy hands. Because of that, I didn't get the speed I got on Q1: 18.7xx. Still, 6th on the grid :P

The race started and I was keeping up good speed. Also I passed one guy on turn 2, so I had a great start :P Then it was getting very laggy for me and suddenly my network just crashed. It happens sometimes :/ I thought my race was there, but for my surprise, I found myself on the grass 30secs later :D Looks like when your network crashes, you're not kicked out of the server like in NSGP ;) Well, after that I made a few laps but it started to be so laggy again (and everybody passed me so easily), I decided to get out of the track for good :/

I'm already looking forward to next races I can take part in! :) It was fun as long as it took :P And I have much to learn ;)
That Finnish guy who came from NSGP. Carpe diem

Lanz

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 6:29 pm

makkezzi wrote:Yeah, thoughts about my first race ever :D
I managed to get into the server, that was a good start! :D
On Q1 I just tried to stay on track and be fast to get as good times as I got when I practiced and I got one :) 18.5xx sec, I wasn't expecting that ;D I was 3rd fast and got into Q2. I made a mistake that I finished my bread before Q2 started, so I got greasy hands. Because of that, I didn't get the speed I got on Q1: 18.7xx. Still, 6th on the grid :P

The race started and I was keeping up good speed. Also I passed one guy on turn 2, so I had a great start :P Then it was getting very laggy for me and suddenly my network just crashed. It happens sometimes :/ I thought my race was there, but for my surprise, I found myself on the grass 30secs later :D Looks like when your network crashes, you're not kicked out of the server like in NSGP ;) Well, after that I made a few laps but it started to be so laggy again (and everybody passed me so easily), I decided to get out of the track for good :/

I'm already looking forward to next races I can take part in! :) It was fun as long as it took :P And I have much to learn ;)

yeah good job there! seems BMW made the right choice! :roll:

Mike Nike

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 pm

the race beeing basicly on the worst possible time for my sleep rithm...2 hours before the race i realized i cant stay awake, so i put my alarm clock on. dreaming deeply, my ears ignored the alarm clock ringing 4 hours straight. had a couple of creative fantasy adventures, so im not rly disappointed although i invested 3 test sessions for practice. since those "investions" still made fun though, it didnt feel seriously wasted though. 20min04 for 62 laps was my 2 stopper result with 1 sec mistakes, next to a 1 stopper in 20min06 with 3 sec mistakes. as qualilap i would have likely driven only a 18.5 as well, i can imagine, as std fast but not strong lap. after my first 18.3x (without a strong 3rd corner) i didnt drive another nonfuel session local.
i watched the q1,q2 and race, basicly all in tijnys perspective. unfortunately tijny ended up being hold up by lanz, gone offroad when passing stylus and got hold up by monster traffico in the last stint or so - that was like watching a tragedy :(
tijnys and dedes pace seemed to be quite constant strong though. so, i guess place 4, maybe 3, with superluck maybe 2nd for me, if i woulda taken part.

oh..and welcome kotka :)

Afinfas

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Oh yeah...the green electric chock car was missing this time! :D I thought i could make use of that and claim a podium but...my tactics revealed to be poor (3 stops)....
Had some nice fights...short but nice. I remember being take over by Lanz as he was with fresher tires, but right after i got back position...and vs martin as well. He played in the limit of the harshness but i managed to pass him on last turn by the inside! ;)

Yeah, this is what really makes like this game. The tight fights that can happen...even if fighting for lower positions...sweet! ;)

Tijny

PostMon Apr 29, 2013 3:40 am

Yeah Mike, my last stint was a bit unfortunate. :) I might have been able to catch dede without any traffic hindrance, but even so I would have had to overtake him in the very few laps that would've remained - not an easy thing to do.

By the way, the Nürburgring track is still broken for me, it was supposedly fixed but it still contains 2 files with an umlaut in them.

Afinfas

PostMon Apr 29, 2013 4:30 am

Tijny wrote:
By the way, the Nürburgring track is still broken for me, it was supposedly fixed but it still contains 2 files with an umlaut in them.

For me it worked perfectly BUT, it doesnt have the umlaut. To be honest i dont remember where i got it from. I think it was from this thread first page so...it must be fixed i guess! :shock:

Tijny

PostMon Apr 29, 2013 8:46 am

Afinfas wrote:For me it worked perfectly BUT, it doesnt have the umlaut. To be honest i dont remember where i got it from. I think it was from this thread first page so...it must be fixed i guess! :shock:

The track name doesn't, but there are still NÜRBURG-Logo.png and NÜRBURG-Logo-pat.png in the package which causes shit to break for me.

liambaker

sundays

PostMon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 am

alright people just thought i would let you know sorry missed a few races been really busy with final exams coming up at school + karting too be alot ill try make the races if i can

Afinfas

PostMon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 pm

For who wants i leave here some ai lines for the next race:

DOWNLOAD HERE

It has included my PB (personal best) with a 25.076s. Im 100% sure its possible to go way under this...i would point to a 24.7s or 24.6s.

Well... its a start already! ;)

EDIT: Forgot to say that you need to use a Mercedes car in order to use these ai lines. ;)
Last edited by Afinfas on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanz

PostMon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Tijny wrote:
Afinfas wrote:For me it worked perfectly BUT, it doesnt have the umlaut. To be honest i dont remember where i got it from. I think it was from this thread first page so...it must be fixed i guess! :shock:

The track name doesn't, but there are still NÜRBURG-Logo.png and NÜRBURG-Logo-pat.png in the package which causes shit to break for me.

mang patetic! i will fix it once i find some time this week! still have to work out laps for the race as well!

MNike wrote:unfortunately tijny ended up being hold up by lanz

i gave him much room to pass me cos i knew i couldn't hold him back anyway! fighting costs time and i was not racing vs Eddie for final result! still was a nice fight! really enjoyable to fight with someone who knows how to drive!

Tijny

PostTue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 am

Lanz wrote:mang patetic! i will fix it once i find some time this week!
Well, you could've known this since you only took half measures. :)

Afinfas wrote:It has included my PB (personal best) with a 25.076s. Im 100% sure its possible to go way under this...i would point to a 24.7s or 24.6s.

At first I didn't believe you, then I tried some more laps and got a 24.791. Still 2 mistakes, I could've gone faster through the chicane in the first part and I could've accelerated out of the last corner a bit earlier as well. Still, good enough for me for now. Seems the key is to take the fast corner in the top left part full throttle and take all that speed with you onto the long straight that follows!

Afinfas

PostTue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am

Tijny wrote:At first I didn't believe you, then I tried some more laps and got a 24.791. Still 2 mistakes, I could've gone faster through the chicane in the first part and I could've accelerated out of the last corner a bit earlier as well. Still, good enough for me for now. Seems the key is to take the fast corner in the top left part full throttle and take all that speed with you onto the long straight that follows!

At first i didnt really believe you (That you didnt believe my lap :lol: ), and then tried another practice session and finally made it under 25s and i see clearly where i can reduce time in order to beat your lap, or at least to get very close.
My new PB is 24.916s
The thing is...i agree with all the points you mentioned and i knew already this, the big problem is that i cant pass from word to practice! :D But i have a feeling on this track that if you get right that S´s before long straight then thats it...theres not so many big places where to loose time after that i guess, except last turn but....

The PTM title is well delivered!! ;) You have a great pace, i just hope you dont start suffering from that syndrome that i did have on NSGP, when you start to win very easly without real concurrence, the trill starts to go away and the interest on the game as well! :(

Lanz

PostThu May 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Download the umlaut free Version we race at Sunday here.

Sorry for not putting up Standings Table till now, have some problems with photoshop due to setting up new my pc! ill try to fix it now!

I still have to work out laps for the race, so me or szymek will host a test session today at 20:00GMT - 22:00CEST! so if you have time feel free to join us, driving alone is just boring! :lol:

Mike Nike

PostFri May 03, 2013 12:51 pm

ah crap..i read 20 to 22 cest, that irritating "-" instead of / fooled me^^.
not gonna be able to stay awake for another 2 hours...
see you sunday i hope

Lanz

PostSun May 05, 2013 5:39 am

Nürburgring

Warm up: 8 laps
Q1 and Q2: 5 laps
Race: 47 laps
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions