It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Punaball Champions League - Matchweek 4 Fixtures

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

shyguy1001

Community User Level: 5

Re: Punaball Champions League - Matchweek 4 Fixtures

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm

dede wrote:Whippe contacted me saying that I should've showed up today, while I clearly said that Tuesday wasn't a good day for me anymore (suggesting Thursday, nobody confirmed/read/cared). So, just to make things clear:

1) I'm already pissed off by the way people didn't respect schedules and/or showed up very late without telling anything in advance
2) if people don't read the forum, it's not my bad
3) if you expect that doodle, filled 1 week before the schedule, will match perfectly my availability and will give 100% security about my actual availability next week, then I can tell you in advance which games I will forfait so that you won't even need to show up and cry at my skype

See you whenever you decide to play the game, my availability is Thursday after 19:30 CEST this week, otherwise we go to next week (Monday after 19:30 CEST, Wednesday after 19:30 CEST, Thursday after 19:30 CEST).

Eugh, I just noticed that. So its my fault... aoiejtaoeriyjapweofkapweoapreyom,eprtpaweoatkwet

I need a better way of keeping track of these games..

dede wrote:shyguy1001 wrote:
Thursday 16th at 19:00 is the best time I can see then.. can people agree on that? Is that ok for everybody? (Leverkusen and Sampdoria)
ok to me

^^ Theres the proof, and I even suggested a time. I mean what can I do here? I guess since not everyone confirmed, I just forgot. But can I go ahead and reschedule without everyone confirming? Thats got a danger too.. Can we still do it Thursday 19:00 guys? And please reply!

Btw another way I thought about doing it was maybe instead of a fixtures topic for each week, next edition of the cup we could have one topic for Group A, B, C, D, that could keep it clearer.. I dunno. But clearly a better system is needed. It's actually gone pretty well compared to some peoples predictions but this is a bit of a fuckup.
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Fama

Community User Level: 2

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 5:09 pm

All teams from group D should go through due to their exceptional behavior heu! It's not that hard to arrange 15 minutes of your busy lives to play a game. The thing is, and I have to agree with dede, some guys don't read this forum carefully. I have already warned Stealth about that fact, not sure though if he understood my message.

Whiplash

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 1:32 am

Basically, whenever people discuss about the time, I'm not reading it. Writing tons of posts about the playing time is irritating. I can't follow so many people with so many suggestions. That's why the only person that I'm paying attention on when speaking about a time is Shyguy. These is the latest schedule:
Juve vs Leverkusen, Leverkusen vs Juve - Monday 13th at 17:00
Leverkusen vs Sampdoria - Tuesday 14th at 19:00

And, Shyguy, avoid posts like this:
shyguy1001 wrote:Thursday 16th at 19:00 is the best time I can see then.. can people agree on that? Is that ok for everybody? (Leverkusen and Sampdoria)

It should be just like this:
Leverkusen vs Sampdoria - Thursday 16th at 19:00 (and yeah, bold it baby)

So, do not ask me to confirm anything. I hate to read/write tons of posts about the f*** time. Why the f*** do we have doodle then? If somebody isn't available suddenly, he will say: "I can't play". And then you just find another time using doodle and put it on forum again as simple as:
Leverkusen vs Sampdoria - other day at other time

People should edit their doodle as soon as they realize they'll have some changes about their availability. So, you don't need any confirmation. If you see me available on doodle, than that time is already confirmed. I'll make you know if some sudden and unexpected changes happen, like I already did once.

shyguy1001

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 1:50 am

Whiplash wrote:Basically, whenever people discuss about the time, I'm not reading it. Writing tons of posts about the playing time is irritating. I can't follow so many people with so many suggestions. That's why the only person that I'm paying attention on when speaking about a time is Shyguy. These is the latest schedule:
Juve vs Leverkusen, Leverkusen vs Juve - Monday 13th at 17:00
Leverkusen vs Sampdoria - Tuesday 14th at 19:00

And, Shyguy, avoid posts like this:
shyguy1001 wrote:Thursday 16th at 19:00 is the best time I can see then.. can people agree on that? Is that ok for everybody? (Leverkusen and Sampdoria)

It should be just like this:
Leverkusen vs Sampdoria - Thursday 16th at 19:00 (and yeah, bold it baby)

So, do not ask me to confirm anything. I hate to read/write tons of posts about the f*** time. Why the f*** do we have doodle then? If somebody isn't available suddenly, he will say: "I can't play". And then you just find another time using doodle and put it on forum again as simple as:
Leverkusen vs Sampdoria - other day at other time

People should edit their doodle as soon as they realize they'll have some changes about their availability. So, you don't need any confirmation. If you see me available on doodle, than that time is already confirmed. I'll make you know if some sudden and unexpected changes happen, like I already did once.

Thats all good suggestions, I'll definitely do what you say about not making posts like that and just putting it in bold. That should be less confusing for people. However, if you change your doodle, I wont see, as I already explained I put it all in a spreadsheet at the start of the week.. so maybe its best to send me a PM or something.

Tijny

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 4:31 am

Whiplash wrote:Basically, whenever people discuss about the time, I'm not reading it. Writing tons of posts about the playing time is irritating. I can't follow so many people with so many suggestions. That's why the only person that I'm paying attention on when speaking about a time is Shyguy.
I strongly disagree with this. dede is your opponent (one of only four!) so when dede writes something about his availability, it concerns you. As you saw yesterday, Shyguy is human and he is not exempt from making mistakes; the least that we, the players, can do is think for ourselves and not put all the shit on his plate.

Whiplash wrote:So, do not ask me to confirm anything. I hate to read/write tons of posts about the f*** time. Why the f*** do we have doodle then? If somebody isn't available suddenly, he will say: "I can't play". And then you just find another time using doodle and put it on forum again as simple as:

I disagree with this too. Confirmation is good. Without people's confirmation, you *can't* know whether they have read about any rescheduling at all. Someone can be potentially available on Doodle, but if they don't know about the match, they will not show up. If I were the organizer, I would want as much of a guarantee that a match can go on as possible. Barring my own mistakes of course. ;)

And how many posts per day do we really get on this forum? Five at most? I don't see how that can be F******(#$%* annoying to anyone.

shyguy1001

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 9:32 am

Tijny wrote:
Whiplash wrote:Basically, whenever people discuss about the time, I'm not reading it. Writing tons of posts about the playing time is irritating. I can't follow so many people with so many suggestions. That's why the only person that I'm paying attention on when speaking about a time is Shyguy.
I strongly disagree with this. dede is your opponent (one of only four!) so when dede writes something about his availability, it concerns you. As you saw yesterday, Shyguy is human and he is not exempt from making mistakes; the least that we, the players, can do is think for ourselves and not put all the shit on his plate.

Whiplash wrote:So, do not ask me to confirm anything. I hate to read/write tons of posts about the f*** time. Why the f*** do we have doodle then? If somebody isn't available suddenly, he will say: "I can't play". And then you just find another time using doodle and put it on forum again as simple as:

I disagree with this too. Confirmation is good. Without people's confirmation, you *can't* know whether they have read about any rescheduling at all. Someone can be potentially available on Doodle, but if they don't know about the match, they will not show up. If I were the organizer, I would want as much of a guarantee that a match can go on as possible. Barring my own mistakes of course. ;)

And how many posts per day do we really get on this forum? Five at most? I don't see how that can be F******(#$%* annoying to anyone.

This is an excellent point too. f***, now I don't know at all what to do! I mean, this is last week of group stages, knockout stages will be much easier I suppose with less and less matches as the weeks go on..

But I would like to apologise again to Dede for my mistake. As I say, what almost certainly happened is: I proposed a time, telling myself I would update first post once I got confirmation.. since not all confirmed, I forgot to update the first post. But theres never gonna be full confirmation.. So I don't know. It's weird cos Doodle is clearly not the problem but when people need to reschedule.. Maybe its better if I start scheduling games earlier in the week? That way we could have more time to reschedule into.. anyway I'm always open to suggestions!

olio

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 9:40 am

You release the dates, if it doesn't suit for someone, he/she informs about it like dede did. Then release a new date and again the same procedure.

Naturally people are obligated to check the forum, I'd say at least once a day, as all the info is in here. Also, team mates should be able to be in contact with each other to remind about the matches and hint on updates on forum.

Ok to me.

And mang Shyguy, update the results topic!

Whiplash

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 10:24 am

Tijny wrote:I strongly disagree with this. dede is your opponent (one of only four!) so when dede writes something about his availability, it concerns you. As you saw yesterday, Shyguy is human and he is not exempt from making mistakes; the least that we, the players, can do is think for ourselves and not put all the shit on his plate.

I noticed that dede couldn't play. But I didn't notice any change about rescheduling.

Tijny wrote:I disagree with this too. Confirmation is good. Without people's confirmation, you *can't* know whether they have read about any rescheduling at all. Someone can be potentially available on Doodle, but if they don't know about the match, they will not show up. If I were the organizer, I would want as much of a guarantee that a match can go on as possible. Barring my own mistakes of course. ;)

Once I said I'll join this competition, I already accepted all obligations about it.
-If I joined the competition - it already implied that I'll follow all the posts about it.
-If I filled out the doodle - that already implied that I guarantee about those times
So, why still discuss about the things that are already being understood??? I'm tired of such unnecessary posts. Otherwise, why the f*** I had to sign up for this competition, and why the f*** I had to fill out the doodle?

I'll never confirm anything that is already known. I'll only make a post if some unexpected changes happen. That's the only help that Shyguy needs. All the other things are already known:
1. I'm reading all the posts.
2. I confirmed the schedule.
I really don't know how to help more than that. Writing unnecessary posts will not make any useful change. And, don't worry, I understand Shyguy's position. Some things just need to be more clear.

dede

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Whiplash wrote:-If I filled out the doodle - that already implied that I guarantee about those times

Perfect. If that's the rule, then instead of telling that I'm unavailable because some unexpected working issue popped up, I will just tell Shyguy to assign a forfait loss to my team since I can't show up anyway and inform other players that they won't even need to show up because they already won.

Going back to next game, I'm still available for tomorrow but Whiplash doesn't care to tell if he's available or not. If we play it next week, I already gave dates about my availability.

Shyguy, it's not your bad. You don't play our game, we should be able to arrange/move it even without you, IF WE COMMUNICATE SOMEHOW (forum is the only way).

Whiplash

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 1:46 pm

dede wrote:
Whiplash wrote:-If I filled out the doodle - that already implied that I guarantee about those times

Perfect. If that's the rule, then instead of telling that I'm unavailable because some unexpected working issue popped up, I will just tell Shyguy to assign a forfait loss to my team since I can't show up anyway and inform other players that they won't even need to show up because they already won.

Whiplash wrote: I'll only make a post if some unexpected changes happen. That's the only help that Shyguy needs.

So, you already did that too, and I read it. Let's now just wait Shyguy to give us another date/time. Let's not discuss about it.

dede wrote:...but Whiplash doesn't care to tell if he's available or not.

Sure! Cause I already filled the doodle. I'll not repeat when I'm available all again and again. It's irritating.

dede

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 12:14 am

Okay, Group C has kids who can't arrange a game themselves, so please mother shygay find a suitable day for us, taking care of matching the doodle we filled 2 weeks ago with the changes of availability we may have had meanwhile, hoping that somehow we posted them here or changed the doodle.

Again my availability is today, Monday and Wednesday from 19:30 CEST. Doodle maybe doesn't show the availability of others in next week, but apparently whiplash filled it somehow.

Oompa

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 8:51 am

:(

shyguy1001

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Well, Jurgen, Oompa, Dede are all around? In which case we just have to use magic horn of Dede to call Olio from the skies then we can play today maybe??? Im available until 20:30BST :) and then afterward 22:15BST too!

Also I updated results topic, and am working on videos again as we speak. Very sorry I let things get on top of me in the last few days guys.. I will try to remain in better spirits!

Oompa

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Is that now or in an hour?

shyguy1001

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Whenever.. about 30-35 minutes is ok?? So at 19:15BST? I'll get on the server when I've finished my dinner and wait to see if all of you are around :)

Oompa

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Ill watch some news about ebola first. Funny how the world doesnt care about blacks unless they themselves are hit. Lijers

shyguy1001

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Wildly off topic, but perhaps thats just the Dutch(?) media, cos ours cared a lot. Anyway, I'm going on server now so Dede, Olio, Oompa, Whippe see this and want to play, thats great.. if they dont, its not that big a problem really.

shyguy1001

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Well, theres a massive storm right overhead, so if I'm not around, thats why.

Oompa

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Im online

shyguy1001

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 2:15 pm

So, all am here except Dede, of course since its unscheduled its no problem if you don't show but I hope you see this in time and can :)

[gasp]poppowitch

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Im in and Online! :mrgreen:

Oompa

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm in and out. Seems you have burgerjoint that's called that way. Nice burgers, I think.

Oompa

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Dede, where are you?

Why are you?

Where is my Roddelflop?

dede

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Oompa wrote:Dede, where are you?

Why are you?

Where is my Roddelflop?

And when we finally managed to be in the same server, then my internet stopped working and got disconnected. When I got it back, olio went to bed and you left the server. Mang this is unluck :)

shyguy1001

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Ok, since I don't want to use doodle to schedule one game, could Whiplash, Oompa and Olio signify which day (or both) is better for them out of Monday 20th or Wednesday 22nd FROM 18:30BST onwards. I hope its not neither!
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions