It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:39 am

Punaball Champions League - Quarter Finals Doodle/Draw Topic

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

shyguy1001

Community User Level: 5

Re: Punaball Champions League - Quarter Finals Doodle/Draw T

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Tijny wrote:Ok, since Real M and Bayer L agreed to play their quarter final today and Shygay was nowhere to be found, I filled in for him and oversaw the match. I hope that's alright? ;)

Second leg ended in a 3-3 draw, and since Real M won the first leg, they advance to the semi-finals.

I'm online on skype, Oompa has me on skype.. Jan is on skype.. that's not very good. I'm not too happy about it. It's definitely not the way I wanted this cup to be run either.. I could of at least got a PM on here, which goes to my emails which would of alerted me immediately.

Anyway, as long as proper rules were followed its ok I guess. In future I think I will schedule second legs and first legs using just one doodle topic, spanning say 1.5 weeks.

EDIT: If anyone doesn't know, my skype is "Shyguy1001" - and I even set up a discussion topic on skype to avoid exactly that sort of thing. Add me!
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Tijny

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Ok, I don't really use Skype myself, but then I'm wondering why Oompa or Jan didn't contact you there... Jan claimed he did not have any way to reach you. But you're right that someone should have sent you a private message here.

Anyway, my apologies, I didn't think it would be such a big deal and we all agreed that today was the day this match needed to be played... well, it won't happen again at least.

shyguy1001

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Nah its not a big deal, its just a precedent I don't wanna set.. you can see how the cup could easily run into problems, especially if this had happened a lot in the earlier stages. Anyway, tomorow I will review the game, make draw for the semis and put up doodle topic. Also, exciting news - I have TWO videos finished, which I will upload as soon as I turn my PC on in the morning. It may take all day, depending on my bamboo internet.

This PCL has been very much a work in progress, but I think the organisation has gone OK, but I greatly underestimated the workload. I already have plans for a more easy to organise racing cup on the new version, before I can think about a 2nd edition of PCL. I am enjoying running a cup though, so for the foreseeable future I plan to run 1 Puna cup then 1 racing cup off and on.
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Whiplash

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 6:20 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:This PCL has been very much a work in progress, but I think the organisation has gone OK, but I greatly underestimated the workload. I already have plans for a more easy to organise racing cup on the new version, before I can think about a 2nd edition of PCL. I am enjoying running a cup though, so for the foreseeable future I plan to run 1 Puna cup then 1 racing cup off and on.

Don't worry, considering the type of the competition, you're doing a great job. We just all agreed that T could replace you this time as we all arrived somehow in the server. Even Oompa stayed in the server for whole match. :P

Oompa

Community User Level: 2

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 7:33 pm

I was taken over by a bad spirit that first match, which am dick, so it's a draw as far as I'm concerned. By and large, I learned many, and now I will root for anyone that am nice to all living things.

edureirom

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 11:08 pm

thansk shy for the cup........... when in semis draw.........

for other puna cup...... we need more balance teams like i said.............. maybe only rub stealth here was upset.....

we need to put players in tier spots............. like uefa........... eddie badeeend will won this.....
like i said................

what is race next project shy?

i miss f1.........

i will cheee for modric jan................ good guys......

rub dunno why he dont play in puna servers when i am in..........

well good lucky all. whip is a good player i win 2 games with him last day

Jan

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Nov 06, 2014 3:24 am

Tijny wrote:Ok, I don't really use Skype myself, but then I'm wondering why Oompa or Jan didn't contact you there... Jan claimed he did not have any way to reach you.

I don't really use Skype either but I have an account in case people want me to join chatting etc. I don't have Shyguy there and I don't even remember how to add people. :D I didn't know about a discussion topic there, so I must have missed it if it was announced somewhere. :s

I still don't quite get why we even need a fifth person to join as it's difficult enough to just get the players online.

Oompa

PostThu Nov 06, 2014 6:18 am

Can one use Skype for messaging too, or does one have to talk?
Previous

Return to Competitions