It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 am

Weekly Hot Lap Competition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Re: Weekly Hot Lap Competition

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am

Local i had like 18 or 36 different lines with Antislider, testing yesterday. Kinda frustrating, especially if you suck like me or power if it comes to "%driving the curve perfectly with a slidebrake".
anyway, nice you started with the script. :)
i think you could actually add x/y pixel values and influence some calculations in order to create sector times, maybe even compare 2 laps in a way to see the ~amount of lead at some point, like you already somehow did in the head in few key places.
one step closer to auto-calculate "reachable laptimes" for antislider for a random track :D

power79

Community User Level: 3

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 11:59 am

Yeah, sector times are possible since I managed to do it with my bot project. Though, I don't think it is that meaningful in short tracks like these. And combining sector times for best "reachable" time is bit questionable as best sectors can start and end in different driving line/speed so that in reality it is not possible to get that time. I actually thought that theory when trying to improve AI lines so that bots could get better times but it really didn't work.

But thanks to Tijny's analysis/images I was able to improve my own time a bit and beat (DR.)REIROM's time by 0.001s which is of course all that matters. :lol:

Tijny

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 9:23 am

So a few days ago Jurgen asked me to make an analysis of some Speeder laps as well. I took his best lap as well as my own, and tried to break down what exactly made my lap almost one second faster than his. Let's take a look at the speed maps:

Sc_Bonneville, Jurgen-NL - 26.798 (Speeder)
Sc_Bonneville, [+] Tinjovic - 25.867 (Speeder)

The first thing that caught my attention, is that Jurgen went through almost all corners at a higher speed than I did, but consequently could not accelerate from the corners as quickly. A good example is the first corner, where I reached my lowest speed about a quarter of a second earlier than J did. After the corner, his line is green for an awfully long time there, while mine turns yellowish more quickly.

These images are still a bit inconclusive, so let's look at the controls maps too. Blue means acceleration, red means braking, white means neither, and a darker shade of a particular color means the car is steering.

Sc_Bonneville, Jurgen-NL - 26.798 (Speeder)
Sc_Bonneville, [+] Tinjovic - 25.867 (Speeder)

This shows what's going on a bit more clearly. Looking at the first corner again, it's evident that I have a little window of no steering, starting before the apex, as opposed to Jurgen who's still steering hard after the apex. This means that I will stop sliding, and therefore start accelerating faster than he will. It also means that Jurgen didn't allow himself enough time to turn the car, in other words, he did not brake early enough.
Looking at the rest of his lap, the same thing happens in the second-to-last and last corners, with the second-to-last one being the really obvious one.

Other than that, there are a few more key points where J loses time. At 6.5 seconds there's no need for such a big slide, and the slide at 11.0 seconds is also unwanted because that is the point to accelerate onto the straight.

Another, more subtle (but very crucial) one is the hairpin at 15 seconds in; looking at my line, you see that I tap the steering button to trick the car into accelerating quickly, whereas Jurgen keeps the button pressed for too long, and consequently slides for too long.

I dare say that with just a few technical adjustments, a driver like Jurgen can go at least half a second faster with Speeder.

Whiplash

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 2:04 pm

Can you make those lines as wide as cars are? That would make them easier to read.

Tijny

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 3:10 pm

No, that would make them more difficult to read. Just zoom in a bit, there are tons of browser extensions for that.

Whiplash

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 4:07 pm

If you 'll going to release that tool, make me an extra option to set up the custom wideness. :evil:

EDIT:
And it would be better if the first analyze would use red-blue instead of red-green colors. Contrast would be better and more clear.

Tijny

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 5:25 am

What the hell, Mike? REIROM the prophet said you wouldn't make the top 3 with AntiSlider... but 8.684 — hello? :D

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 12:06 pm

yea the sick wanker first had a nice list of 8.7 laps then hit a 8.688 and a session later 8.684 his words: its easier when your driving in the flow
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Mike Nike

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 7:20 pm

From the movie Dogma we remember: if someone shows proof of god failing, we gonna have a "hell" of consequences.
In the following part of the "ts bible" (lol), god will called "PEACE" or "ROMREI":

Saturday night:
Tijny already drove a 8.716 with Anti, 2nd place had ~8.78x.
I didn't drive a lap yet.
But tried local and after a while of getting max a high 8.7, i did a 8.724 (already probably drove 120 laps until that point).
Rei, thinking in small tracks the factor luck is higher compared to long tracks (i'd agree there), making a prediction:

..(t joins)
..(rei trying to get unbanned in hotlapserver)
Message: <PEACE> f*** abuse power (oh, the ts forum made the three stars instead of showing the actual chars)

end of chapter 1

chatper 2:
"later in hotlapserver:"

Me, having a somewhat optimized line for anti, which involves irritating backward driving in order to enter the lap with a somewhat maximum amount of speed, decides to not give that probably beneficial "trick" to others just yet.
Also: being nerved from a certain driver some days before, who followed me with Antislider, when i took Antislider, i didn't want this irritation again.

"Maybe i will beat you".
That reminds me, when i was a child, i played some racing on the Nintendo vs a couple adults and in order to give them more chances to beat me, i played with the head upside down and yes, i still beat them.

chapter 3:
"mike driving first time with ghost alpha 0, picking easyslider"

Me driving with EasySlider 0.2 off the laprec, after i already drove local 0.1 off.
Anyway, after nearly each crash, i tried to hit TAB in order to not irritate Rei or Jurgen with my ghost car in the current and following lap.
That, especially in a short track, kinda caused hurtings in my hands and also took away a decent amount of concentration.
Message: <Jurgen-NL> you cant even drive a 10.5 with easy here

If someone knows, what 1215 means, please tell me, maybe a typo, trying to tell the millisec difference from record to player X?

Message: <ROMREI> mike anti will be 3 or 4 whiplash maybe beat him
Message: <[x] Mike Nike> man my hands hurt from all the TAB hitting
Message: <ROMREI> track is f*** lucky lap no real skill mike

"I can be near record here", let's take a little pause, take a deep breath, and let's say it again: "I can be near record here".
Tijny, do we have a track in the randomizer, which is maybe just 4 seconds long, including only 2 curves, so REIROM can be less than 0.1 off the record ("near record, wow"), while 80% of all other drivers are less than 0.05 off the record?

Message: <[x] Mike Nike> i cannot concentrate while fearing i mess up your laps

(Yes, Rei said it twice, sorry, Tijny. God..i mean REI.. has spoken. Other opinions are automaticly irrelevant)

Message: <[x] Mike Nike> i guess i just restart with ghostalpha 1

chapter 4

Rei disconnected, Mike driving AntiSlider, around middle 8.7, relatively early.
Rei connects and saw the stats:

Message: 13. ROMREI 8.981 (REC +0.265, PB -0.003, POS +0) ( 619 pts)

(Baba joined, so i waited until rei crashed and hit /continue)

Message: <ROMREI> seems i am in all tracks have same gap to records.
Message: <ROMREI> seems this is my best time...... maybe in percentage.

Reirom, being around 3% off the record at that point, has nearly absolute, nor relative same gap to records.
Although, the relative gap is probably somewhat consistent, actually.
I'm gonna post his stats soon.
Anyway, considering Reiroms "fingers conditions", allowing him to not being able to use the brake that easily/good, "under 9" might actually be somewhat good, even for his amount of time he already played turbo sliders.

@what Jurgen said:
i had a phase, where hitting the first 2 corners with a "tricky entering in lap line" did success only around 1 out of 15 times or so, maybe.
In consequence i lost the flow so much, that i could be happy to drive first 4 corners strong one time within 3 stints.
Driving a "normal" line allowed me later to keep in the flow, driving first corners solid probably every 3-5 laps and around 0-2 times very good.
Trying to drive 1 stint long a safe 1st slide in corner 3 allowed me to drive 6 or 7 laps under 8.85.
Anyway, driving lines over and over with AntiSlider enables in certain tracks the opportunity to drive kinda "blind" through some curves, having not just the rithm in the blood, but also having certain steering or braking points/coordinates, you can locate somewhat easily from the track landscape.
In addition to that, i tried something rare too: using the car angle (facing at least left or "later") in corner 3, before starting to brake.
And like always, i hit acceleration while braking, in order to response to rei's question. But i rarely did a long broke in a way to have a certain bonus chance to keep high grip, although it looked like a possible way to get faster through corner 3 sometimes.

power79

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 2:46 am

Another great story Mike. Never quit TS, please. :lol:

Mike Nike wrote:Anyway, considering Reiroms "fingers conditions", allowing him to not being able to use the brake that easily/good, "under 9" might actually be somewhat good, even for his amount of time he already played turbo sliders.

I don't use any brake with antislider and im driving 8.847 with a f'''ing gamepad so don't give reirom too much credit. Specially as I think I am considered to be one of the slowest drivers of the TS community. But I admit, beating rei is always my number one goal in this competition and we are usually quite close with our times. Which reminds me that it would be nice to see results from past competitions too in some point.

Tijny

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 am

power79 wrote:Which reminds me that it would be nice to see results from past competitions too in some point.

Previous results:
Pu_purcelona
de_Cazzis
Sc_Aldearing
Sc_Bonneville
Sc_Gogobay

By the way, 8.847 without braking - I would say that, intrinsically, that's a better lap than many of the guys above you. Possibly would have been near my left-handed time with a nice brake. :D

Speaking of which, this is the way I braked in my fastest laps: (Image)

Note the relatively long phase of lifting before I applied the brakes. This way, it is very easy to control the slide, and although it doesn't have the same laptime potential as the more aggressive technique that I think Mike uses, this is still much faster than not braking, because you can tackle the next corner from a far better angle.

power79

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 am

Tijny wrote:
Previous results:

Thanks for these. Seems I have lost to Reirom couple times, grrr.

Tijny wrote:By the way, 8.847 without braking - I would say that, intrinsically, that's a better lap than many of the guys above you. Possibly would have been near my left-handed time with a nice brake. :D

Yes, it is interesting to speculate when braking is the faster way and by how much. You can see my lap here if you want:
power79_(8.874).tsr
That was pretty good for me, I think my next best is something like 8.95. I did see some sand dust in one corner so maybe I could have done little better.

I should probably try to learn braking technics and also to drive with other default cars, but that would be a long project for me and maybe not worth the investment for just weekly hotlap competition.

Jurgen-NL

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 11:42 am

indeed thanks T for the previous results, seems that i thought i was a top 8 player overall so far in all weeks.
However i haven't driven every track especially with the holidays with every car and xzeal doing just enough in the last day or so to get passed me :lol:

i will strife to stay within the top 8 overall in 2015 :) so far mission accomplished but the week isn't over yet :twisted:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 2:17 pm

power79 wrote:Yes, it is interesting to speculate when braking is the faster way and by how much. You can see my lap here if you want:
power79_(8.874).tsr
That was pretty good for me, I think my next best is something like 8.95. I did see some sand dust in one corner so maybe I could have done little better.

That looks like a fantastic lap, but what an awkward line through turns 3 and 4! Instead of turning away from the corner and then slinging back into it, you seem to have gone for the shortest route. Is that because you're driving with a gamepad? I remember when I tried driving with a gamepad I used the same finger for steering left and right, and therefore couldn't switch directions very quickly. Oh, and I remember that I was awful with it. :)

power79

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Tijny wrote:That looks like a fantastic lap, but what an awkward line through turns 3 and 4! Instead of turning away from the corner and then slinging back into it, you seem to have gone for the shortest route. Is that because you're driving with a gamepad? I remember when I tried driving with a gamepad I used the same finger for steering left and right, and therefore couldn't switch directions very quickly. Oh, and I remember that I was awful with it. :)

Probably both gamepad thing and me trying to get as close to corners as possible. That whole middle section is quite difficult with gamepad as changing directions quickly is indeed challening(But you can do it pretty fast by using top of your thumb turning right and middle part to turn left). I have played with keyboard before but I didn't notice any difference in times and gamepad is much easier to my hands, I play in much more relaxed position and can drive more laps than I could with kb. Mut maybe tracks with these kind of sections it would be better just switch to kb.

Mike Nike

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 11:12 pm

great left handed lap there.
the braking - i sometimes try the tijnyish lift/slidebrake with antislider and other cars, but for some reason i can control the slide and or whole curve line better so far, when i don't lift.
pity, it always feels a bit like tijny has that "small road width" u-turn advantage with his braking skills, like in Sc_Santiss compared to me. luckily i've had that accel/brake/steer advantage which gave me strong laps in sausatoo with anti and spinner, compared to at least dede. that reminds me, i probably could never uploaded these recs...

8.847 without brake is quite good and with gamepad kinda wow^^. i think i did a similar lap once without braking, which made me respect reiroms laptime even more (in case he didn't brake for his ones). but you are probably right, i might give him too much credit, especially when looking at the nonantislider laps he drove.

ok, stats post coming now..

Mike Nike

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 11:23 pm

allright, here some "Z"-isfaction for you, guys.. (note: most of this i already wrote last week, just skipped to publish it)

2014 december hotlap competition week 1-4 development

The "relived" hotlap competition is going on with not that much activity - still, there might be a decent amount of people interested in statistics, so here we go:

week1
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... _week1.htm

week2
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... _week2.htm

week3
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... _week3.htm

week4
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... _week4.htm

week5
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... _week5.htm

i wrote comments to week1-2, lost the half by accident overwriting.."nooooo!" :D..so i lost motivation, but i might write some again later..

AntiSlider
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... slider.htm

Tijny/Mike Nike/Palo: a close fight going on here! Mike with more gold medals, Tijny with the better average (99,92%). Palo even joined this fight in the first 3 weeks.
Hevonen/Badeend/Ender: even though Badeend and Ender showing impressive good average laps in the 99,5%+ zone, Hevonen showed that he is capable of driving a strong laptime, once the track suits him - or was it more luck? I can't tell, but it was a positive surprise, seeing Hev on place 1 for a while in week 3.
Stylus/Jurgen: both kept on driving faster from week 1 to 4, ending up with impressive good laptimes!

Sickest AntiSlider records, imho:
1. 30.480 [fS]Palo de_Cazzis
2. 27.399 [x] Mike Nike Sc_Gogobay (last curve improveable)
3. 26.552 [x] Mike Nike Sc_Aldearing (1st curve improveable)
4. 26.786 [+] Tinjovic Sc_Bonneville (i could beat it, but not by much, i think)
5. 30.514 [x] Mike Nike pu_Purcelona (last curve too safe)

EasySlider

Tijny: pwning the rest of the field. 5 gold medals. Even it looked close a couple of times, he managed to smash out those crazy laps, which only easyslider gods like dede, daft etc. can touch. Dede can beat him, Mike keeps having trouble with the semi grip/slide kinda cars, being happy to be frequently in the 99.5%+ zone. Only Stylus and Palo made it into the 99%+ (almost Janne and !!!!xzeal!!!! as well).

Sickest EasySlider records, imho (but thx to my skill lack, i'm not the best to ask here):
1. 27.936 [+] Tinjovic Sc_Gogobay (0.08% to dede)
2. 27.773 [+] Tinjovic Sc_Bonneville (0.46% lead to me, 0.21% to dede)
3. 30.969 [+] Tinjovic de_Cazzis (0.26% lead to me)
4. 31.970 [+] Tinjovic pu_Purcelona (0.22% lead to me)
5. 26.493 [+] Tinjovic Sc_Aldearing (0.16% lead to me)

Spinner
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... pinner.htm

Tijny/Mike Nike/dede: certainly the Spinner is still dominated by Tijny and dede, who naturally drive this "car" with close to perfect nonslide lines on the first tries, constantly from that point on with hardly any mistakes, as if they have a steering wheel, which has an "antislide" function to make stepped stearings, so the Spinner doesn't start sliding. Even Mike managed to magicly get some impressive laps, week 3's track showed the due to the curve combinations expected effect of his skill lack with the semi grip/slide kinda cars (spinner, easy, speeder), although EasySlider turned out to be a somewhat close call.
Especially visible was Tijnys impressive constant strong handling with partly the Spinner, but mostly the Speeder, imo.
Palo seems the only one in the rest of the active field, who showed due to his good lap in week 1 (99.61%), that he is capable of fighting a little.

Sickest Spinner records, imho:
1. 27.144 [+] Tinjovic Sc_Aldearing (0.44% lead to me - although he drove at one part another line, wider, but with less sliding, it feels still like the sickest rec. 27.263 was one out of my many tough to reach 27.2x laps for my chosen line, with which i was already quite happy. 27.24x i coulda reached, so i thought maybe Tijny would get 27.21-22 in best case. Unluckily his alternative line smashed mine so deep into the garbage that the fact i drove my chosen line so many times so well, doesn't get rewarded enough in the end)
2. 31.780 [+] Tinjovic pu_Purcelona (30.7x is "reachable", 30.85 i was fine with)
3. 30.843 [x] Mike Nike de_Cazzis (0.12% lead to Tijny)
4. 27.487 [+] Tinjovic Sc_Bonneville (0.03% lead to me)
5. 27.918 [x] Mike Nike Sc_Gogobay (slightly improveable - i just assume, Tijny/dede could beat it, if they'd try only half the amount of attempts i made, with probably a better line as well instead of just driving tighter to the edges)

Slider

Mike Nike/dede/Tijny: dede, not being there and Tijny not 24/7ing as much as me, i could hit a 4 gold medal streak, probably ending up in a silver medal in week 5, which might just look like a bronze one, considering Tijny drove his fast lap way sooner than i did. Also, with no other Slider god around seriously fighting, such as Matti, i might not take these partly yammy looking laprecords too serious, unfortunately. Just like most of the laprecords done in one week, of course. In the end, the TS 1.0x default tracks default cars records might still be the sickest of all, right?
Palo: showing in week 1, he has a hidden talent for the Slider as well! Welcome to the party! :)
Hevonen/Kyna_Musti: both in the 99.4% zone, looking good.
AnnicK: not that good yet, but developing. Nice to see! :)

Sickest Slider records, imho: (dede hit the pwnage button, it seems, maybe i just didn't try hard enough)
1. 27.853 [+] dede Sc_Gogobay
2. 30.735 [x] Mike Nike de_Cazzis
3. 26.151 [x] Mike Nike Sc_Aldearing
4. 27.532 [x] Mike Nike Sc_Bonneville
5. 31.861 [x] Mike Nike pu_Purcelona

Speeder
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... peeder.htm

Tijny: the Speeder King. 100%, 5 of 5 times. Unbeatable, but not untouchable.
Similar impressive to me and Tijny, i drove 2 strong laps in week 1 (99.97%) and week 2 (the tough long track), although i'm quite happy with my week 5 result as well, feeling long time hopeless doomed to high 26.2x laptimes.
Considering the curve combinations of each track though, the percentage off to the laprecord do very nicely match my skill of handling them, just like expected.
I think for the next track(s) i could actually make good bets on what %zone i might reach.
Sig/Gol/kikiriki(aka sV): in the 99.4% area we got our old spinner legend sV and the 2 portuguese speaking fellas. Nice fight there! I had quite some troubles making the cut to 2nd place in week 4 there!

Sickest Speeder records, imho:
Oh boy, for me, all are kinda on the same sickness level. But Tijny might disagree to at least week 3, where he drove a couple billion of 24.1x laps instead of that 23.9x he was probably capable of or at least 24.0x (to keep realistic for us humans to believe it).

All Cars
http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... l_cars.htm

Tijny/dede/Mike Nike: easy to see that Tijny has been the number 1 (impressive "Min" of 99.83% btw). With dede joining the fight, dede would most certainly get at least close. It could be nice to see, who of them would win in a IHLC kinda cup with 3-5 stints length per car(36-60 laps = 18-30min).
Hevonen/Ender/Jurgen/Double O Seven/mc65532: next to the solid speeder skills of Sig and Gol, those 5 impressed me the most in their development, i think.

[rei universe]
Let's now come to what we all waited for! ROMREI's amazing AntiSlider skills:
moment, i'm searching...need a while...
aww man, i gotta scroll down for this..33rd place, 98.47% with no good average though.
Place 14 out of 45 in week 1 with AntiSlider, 97.70% looks like his best result. There he beat Arjen and Jurgen and xzeal heuhaheuaehueah CRY. I'm sure though, these 3 didn't drive many laps, so..no shame on you, guys.
In comparison...REIROMs good looking 98.47% in week 3, the "easy" track, wasn't really that strong, considering he just got 26th out of 49.
So, let's face it: even though REIROM has been somewhat fast in the past, with RDP-AntiSlider, in small tracks at least, as far as i can remember, the results don't look as good as i hoped.
[/rei]

you missed week5 in the summarizing stats?
i'm unlikely gonna make an update, since the manual additional work started to look nervy long, after i already invested 20 minutes, so..we'd probably need to wait for something fancy by Tijny here.

week 6:
Seems Ender is finally joining the "mikko-level", being able to actually drive laprecords and being a serious contender in hotlapcups with AntiSlider. Apparently he drove a 8.671 in local warmup, stating to be capable of at least 8.66x, just the laptime zone i said i was able to reach too! Although driving stints of 30 laps on a server with occasionly occuring warps, lags and certain irritations^^ is for some people a bit harder...i would still say he kinda deserves that "gold medal".

Mike Nike

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 11:53 pm

comments to week 1 i didn't lose, so ..another Z-isfaction for you, guys:

Week 1
2014.11.29 start
2014.12.06 end

pu_Purcelona

AntiSlider:
30.514 (Mike Nike) - could have been at least a high 30.4, considering Mike messed up the last curve at least twice in low 30.5x laps by driving "too safe" fearing to crash. Interesting side note: Palo gave Mike and Tijny with 30.563 a nice challenge, showing one more time he isn't just a talent in Punaball. Also Ender improved his "game" ;), as well as Double O Seven did respectable laps.

EasySlider:
31.970 (Tijny) - Jannes 32.294 "come back" laprecord got smashed by Mike Nike and Tijny. At some point Tijny felt untouchable with his 32.1x lap, but Mike could beat it by a comfortable looking 32.041 ("EZ rec is yours. I can't beat that." or something like that Tijny said). And in the last night before the end of the challenge..Tijny threw a new sick lap in everybodys face. Palo on 3rd with a 32,233, quite solid as well!

Spinner:
31.780 (Tijny) - impressive Palo on 3rd again with a 31.905, which Mike could beat with a satisfying 31.852 (feeling that a high 31.7x is reachable, which Tijny could drive as if it would be no big deal)

Slider:
31.861 (Mike Nike) - tough challenge, close laps to impressive Palo (31.888) and Tijny (31.914), but the lap felt pretty solid and consequently hard to touch. Respectable mid 32.0x laps by Hevonen (who reminds me to Hengari at this point) and Kyna_Musti!

Speeder:
29.965 (Tijny) - without driving a single 30.0x or so, as well as Mike (29.978), Tijny showed one more time that he is the speeder king of Turbo Sliders. Long time i was 0.2 off that record, but i hit a bunch of very concentrated 3 stints with early low 30.1x laps in the first laps of these stints, ending up with a laptime, which impressed myself probably the most.

Overall:
Tijny, with 3 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze, the winner of this challenge.
Mike, profiting from no participation of dede & the rest of the hardcore "lapwankers", reached 2 Gold, 3 Silver.
Palo, with 1 Silver and 4 Bronze, my personal "newcomer" in the scene of laprecord hunters at that point (although i coulda smelt it coming, considering he drove a fast RDP-Antislider lap some days/weeks earlier in a server with me).
Interesting to see: Antislider has been the most selected car by far. Spinner, the most "hated". Considering the Easyslider might be a "default selection" for some drivers, it was taken quite less times, still.

Top 16 "best lap %off laprecord"

Code: Select all
1   [+] Tinjovic                 100,00
2   [x] Mike Nike                100,00
3   [fS]Palo                     99,92
4   [PahaJori] Ender             99,66
5   [x] Whiplash                 99,52
6   Double O Seven               99,52
7   [fS]Hevonen                  99,43
8   [+] Badeend                  99,41
9   Kyna_Musti                   99,38
10   Janneosaursrex               98,99 smooth action by Janne, comes out of the dark, setting a new laprecord and escaping back into the shadows :) - okay, Tijny smashed that & Mike rec, but it's been still a cool move :)...and let's not forget, Janne was/is capable of driving untouchable laprecords! I still don't know how he beat my laprecord in "ThePerfectLine" with RDP-Antislider...tsc tsc
11   Testaaja                     98,71
12   Diego Armando                98,51
13   [FN] Pornfest                98,42 Handsome Hall, after being quite a time "off", showing off a little bit of his skills as well
14   Chukie                       98,16 and another veteran joined the TS veteran meeting! :)
15   Matic                        97,79
16   R.E.I.R.O.M                  97,70 16th of 65. Let's not forget though that probably max 16 had a somewhat serious try of driving a decent lap!
Last edited by Mike Nike on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Nike

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 12:44 am

Week 2
2014.12.06 start
2014.12.13 end

de_Cazzis

AntiSlider:
30.480 ([fS]Palo) - in a long track with a lot (24?) of possible brake/nonbrake combinations to go through sectors, Palo, being in a matti-ish way very focused, without much talking, drove likely even more laps than Mike this time, and reached with this extraordinary laprecord a place in my personal TS Hall of Fame.
After a long journey in Palomies TS career, Palo, in my mind long time more of a mediocre fast driver, finally reached AntiSlider heaven :D. Big congratulations and respect. Even Tijny, who reached a 30.525 in somewhat low amount of tries, showed a bit of an pwnage compared to the somewhat hard trying Badeend and Mike, who shared the bronze medal for this week (30.588). I don't remember who drove it first, but i think it's rather fine "splitting" than ranking by the "early bird" attribute.
Also nice to see again: Ender on place 6, in a close fight with Whip, Kyna, 007 and Hev.

EasySlider:
30.969 ([+] Tinjovic) - looking at 3rd place time (31.401 by Palo) being 350 lightyears away from 2nd place, it feels like only 2 people actually tried hard here this time. Mike (31.051) being pretty satisfied with his lap, looking one more time quite pwned by Tijnys EasySlider skills.

Spinner:
30.843 ([x] Mike Nike) - considering my 2nd best lap was probably only a low 30.9, i might have hit quite a lucky strong lap here. On the other side, Tijny (99.88%) did not try to beat this rec with that many stints. Just in the 99% zone, but still lightyears off, Palo catching yet another bronze medal for his tries.

Slider:
30.735 ([x] Mike Nike) - after a long hopeless journey through 30.9x laps, looking quite desperate compared to Tijnys high 30.7 lap, which looked like easy going, Mike could find a motivation to kick his own a** and actually drive 30.7 laps as well, as soon as Tijny joined the server in the end of the challenge. Both drove at least 2 30.7 laps with Mike being the luckier guy in the end.
Stylus, aka [S]Mike in the past, who joined the xtreame Team back then when he impressed with a slider laprecord, showed with a 30.898 (99.47%) that he isn't out of shape with his 3rd place beating Kyna.

Speeder:
28.748 ([+] Tinjovic) - the ridiculous fast looking lap, compared to 3rd place (98.35%) has been almost touched by Mike driving two 28.7 laps as well. Considering the track having one very tough middle part sector and one tough lucky part in the mid/end of the lap, the top2 laptimes might deserve a bit of extra attention. iBlaze on the other hand, reaching with his 3rd place possibly his best result in his TS career so far - congrats to that, even with kikiriki (sV) it was just 1 more driver, having a somewhat serious try to hit a strong lap. 29.304 as 4th place, considering both Mike and Tijny thought a high 29.2x would already be a pretty fast lap in the beginning of the challenge, is still a nice result as well though!

Overall:
Tijny, once again the clear winner, 2 gold, 3 silver, 988 vs 976 Pts.
Mike on 2nd, 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze.
Kyna_Musti, without any medal on 3rd, thx to Palo (1 gold, 2 bronze) not participating with Speeder.
Good job by Sig, reaching a 4th and 5th place, by the way!

Top16 "off" laprecord:
i skip to filter my xls table here, because it involves too much manual work :E

Mike Nike

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 1:25 am

Week 3
2014.12.13 start
2014.12.20 end

Sc_Aldearing

AntiSlider:
26.552 (Mike Nike) - pretty solid lap, only the first curve wasn't optimal. A bit of a "matter of time" record, after being able to drive certain parts of the track close to optimal over and over.
Hevonen, long time being on place 1 with his 26.582 (3rd place), has been probably the biggest positive surprise in this week.
Even though the track being relatively easy, 99.89% does still look pretty decent. With Tijny slightly beating Hev and Badeend just 0.002 off and Palo trying kinda solid as well (99.81%), Hev had to earn this bronze medal on the hard way, challenging with 4 other drivers in the 99.8% zone.
Nice surprise, mc65532 hitting the 99.5% zone with his 10th place.
REIROM, personal relative best with 98.47% in a kinda easy track with as far as i remember no need to use the brake, getting actually a somewhat disappointing result with place 26 out of 49, imo.

EasySlider:
26.493 (Tijny) - seems easy! Mike (99.84%) also hitting a somewhat strong lap.
Place 3 a quite a bit off, Stylus, beating Palo. xzeal on 5th with almost a 99% lap, nice nice!
Oh, look at that nick on place 10! "Ku Dern [Ri]" - seems another TS legend joined the party upsidedown - unfortunately he didn't take part with much effort.

Spinner:
27.144 (Tijny) - pwning Mike (27.263) by not just outsmarting him with a better line, thx to more experience/skill/spinner physic knowledge or whatever :D...but also by being able to drive even more constantly fast.
Still, after driving only Spinner for the first days, Mike being able to drive a lot of times close to "optimal" (hitting many 27.2x laps), was a nice experience, besides enjoying the unusual rare fun coming along with the Spinner. Unfortunately "optimal" was driving a chosen line, which wasn't just as fast as Tijny's ones.
Bronze goes to Stylus, again short before Palo!
6th place for iR Nerd UK :) "upsidedown".
Upsidedown, REIROM got 1st with Spinner too though, out of 21 participants trying to drive as slow as possible!

Slider:
26.151 (Mike Nike) - yammy lap! Especially in the end with a steer correction, so the Slider would gain more speed, but ending up being "off road" entering corner 1. It was tough enough to beat Stylus and Matti, who just beat the 26.3, but Tijnys 26.1x seemed to be a bit far away after the first stints.
Nice challenge for 3rd place as well, with the xtreame Team member beating the slider legend Matti here!
Yet again, REIROM being the actual winner here ;). Okay, this 32sec lap was probably just a 1 lap result..

Speeder:
24.150 (Tijny) - driving 190238101239102 laps under 24.2, Tijny did an amazing job driving constantly fast, with a lot of sense/feeling for having a good eye for the next coming straights, basicly showing off, he is not just good in aiming/timing, but tremendously well skilled in driving lines.
Yet, he didn't reach the 24.0 or 23.9 he actually hoped, he could probably reach.
Anyway, the pwnage compared to place 2 and 3 (Mike and sV being just under 24.3) was quite obvious.

Overall:
1st Tijny: 992 pts, 3 gold, 2 bronze, dominating once again.
2nd Mike: 963 pts 2 gold, 3 bronze.
3rd Stylus/Palo: 879 pts, Stylus with 3 bronze, Palo with 3 4th places! Good job, team mate! :)

Mike Nike

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 1:52 am

Week 4
2014.12.20 start
2014.12.27 end

Sc_Bonneville

AntiSlider:
26.786 (Tijny) - almost beat by Mike (26.801), Tijny was profiting from a "following" REIROM trying to copy Mike lap by lap on his attempts.
Either way, a well deserved and fast laprecord, which wasn't easy to touch.
Surprising fast this week: Ender, Stylus and Jurgen! Imrpessive high 26.8 laps (99.63%+) showing not just the raising AntiSlider driver Ender, but also the nice development of Jurgen.
Pity this time: REIROM actually drove a somewhat decent lap with a 27.135 or so (98.70% or so), got deleted as additional punishment after being banned from the server for a while.
Unfortunately REI couldn't hit his personal wonder lap again and ended up with a 27.314, only.

EasySlider:
27.773 (Tijny) - beating dedes already strong 27.832. Both needed just quite less attempts.
Bronze, still in the 99.5% zone, Mike, trying just hard enough to hit a satisfying lap.

Spinner:
27.487 (Tijny) - similar like dede (27.519), he drove it without driving a lot of stints. Mike, being long time unimproved 0.2 off the rec, had a long but successful journey of small steps to actually end up in a situation he could have beat the laprecord. 0.03% off Tijnys unoptimized lap: satisfying result!
Nice laps by Stylus and Palo as well, low/mid 27.6's!

Slider:
27.532 (Mike) - yet another long journey from being 0.2-0.3 off the record, having long time no chance to improve a high 27.7x due to being stuck on a slow line, Mike could luckily develop his way to improve.
27.548 by Tijny, 3rd place 27.781 Matti, dede olio 790 and 792, just to show a bit how many others were probably stuck to that high .7 lap as well here, even though all of them likely didn't try that much.
Nice to mention: AnnicK - once again looking like improving here!

Speeder:
25.867 (Tijny) - out of any serious concurrence! Gol 4th (26.021), Sig 3rd (26.017) kicking Mike's a** to try hard to secure the 2nd place (25.989). Impressive result by Sig and Gol!

Overall:
Tijny 998 pts, 4 gold, 1 silver, almost a flawless win, if it wouldn't have been Mike driving his 4th Slider "Gold" in a row.
Mike 968 pts, 1 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze, being still a bit closer this time in pts, even the lack of gold medals.
Stylus 840 pts on 3rd, thx to his places 4, 4, 5, 6, 8..he was beating Matti by 6 pts.

a little addition to that: i usually liked to be there when the track changes, in order to copy the result in the end of the week to the notepad. So..i compared 1st stint results with each car to Tijny and to end results of laprecords and to other weeks:

1st stints semi challenge:
Anti/Easy/Spin/Slid/Speed
T 27.196,27.990,27.570,27.835,26.290
M 27.141,28.059,27.701,27.880,26.372
M -0.055,+0.069,+0.131,+0.055,+0.082 [1-4 lost, +0.282, av +0.059, av ~99.80% or so]

Mike, being satisfied with all cars, but with Anti (slight improveable)
Tijny, at least with AntiSlider not satisfied (mistake in at least 1 curve ruined a good lap)

more interesting than Tijny kicking Mikes a** though, even Mike thought he did a solid performance, was to check the %off future laprecord. Similar to other tracks, it appeared to be often around 1.3-1.4% with AntiSlider.
With other cars, my %improvements seemed to be usually quite similar compared to 1st stint tries as well in all the weeks, as far as i can remember.
Anyway, with each car the improvement has been somewhat 0.5-1.5% most of the time, with only rare occasions >1.5% (mostly with speeder).
Tijny and dede on the other hand have that sick kind of baseskill, being able to hit more close to the actual future laprecord quite early. That might remind to Pingu, being able to hit early fast laps in some past F1 races, while ending up worse later on though.
As you see, i still have some work to do with the comparing to other weeks.
Anyway, this might be an interesting alternative base on determining what kind of hotlapcups we might prefer - or at least an additional factor to have in mind when doing votes.

Mike Nike

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 2:56 am

Week 5
2014.12.27 start
2015.01.03 end

Sc_Gogobay

AntiSlider:
27.399 (Mike) - the plan was: driving just AntiSlider in day 1 of the week, many cups in a row, trying to focus on just 1 car, sickinizing the record and then go to the next car, next day.
Apparently it worked and step by step the laprecord decreased. At some point i wanted to reach .45x, where .42x seemed reachable. I got it and was kinda satisfied already, but there was still time left and it was fun to drive.
I think, at some point i then started to stop working in excel after races and tried to tidy up the PC a bit. While listening to a song, Fama sent me once, and someone joining the server, the .399 lap came quite out of nowhere. Also, compared to the sickness of the hard to reach .4 laps, a .3 lap was pretty much surprising.
Considering the last curve was maybe improveable, since i didn't accelerate early enough, there was small room to beat that rec.
Tijny tried and hit a yammy lap as well (27.427), i'd say. By that, he reduced my record from looking "ridiculous" to looking like yet another record, where "just 2 guys were going insane for the laprecord"^^
Impressive, Kyna_Musti on 3rd this time, who drove along with me from day 1, reaching a low 27.5 (99.59%).

EasySlider:
27.936 (Tijny) - beating dede (27.959) in a challenge between 2 easyslider gods, not many humans can understand :P.
While i had big troubles driving close to one of dedes first attempts (28.13ish), Tijny drove a 28.12 in lap 2 after switching from...speeder i guess.
Top 5 places filled by team [+] and [x] - letting teams like iR, FUN and Qc disappear in the mass of teamless drivers.

Spinner:
27.918 (Mike Nike) - 2nd Tijny 27.926, 3rd dede 27.928 (99.97 and 99.96%). Probably the closest fight for a record, yet Mike likely drove with high certaincy the very most attempts here.
Tijny, having the rec for most of the time, basicly seemed to let Mike have it, in case he'd beat it, watching Mike trying over and over, while idling in IRC :D

Slider:
27.853 (dede) - there it is! Not much time to drive, but still capable of smashing out a sick lap.
Mike, still being in the 99.8% zone on place 2, tight in front of Tijny, failed to keep the somewhat good focus in his first strong attempts of beating dede and probably missed out opportunities to improve his line by studying a little bit more.
Solid 4th and 5th place laptimes by Kyna and olio as well, just around the 99.5%, good job!

Speeder:
25.965 (Tijny) - 2.3% to 4th place! 1.65% from 3rd to 4th, the top3 were too far away for Sig/Gol and Co. this time! All 3 actually drove faster than 26.4 on their 1st attempts, actually!
Tijny, after hitting the laprecord, said nobody is gonna beat this rec, not even himself, or something similar.
After being hopeless stuck with high 26.2 laps, i could manage to do a middle 26.0, with slight room to improve. For me, more than satisfying, considering i didn't expect to beat Tijnys middle 26.1 laps, he kept on driving in the first place.

Overall:
Tijny 988 pts, 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze
Mike 961 pts, 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze
dede 960 pts, 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze (almost beat mike in overall in the last day)

Although a tough 2nd place in overall, a bit of a lucky spinner record, this week was more of a tijny/dede show.
I could join the "Sick Records Entertainment Weekly" though with my AntiSlider record.
Unfortunately only 1 driver was driving 99.5%+ laps in addition to the top3: Kyna_Musti.
Btw: nice to see Wokinger taking part with all cars, even though he failed driving a serious lap - well, with AntiSlider he did a 98.22% one, which ain't a bad lap, but considering Wokingers normal skill with nondefault cars, he could aim for much more, if he wanted.

Mike Nike

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 4:45 am

an add to the week 1-4 development in order to compare some frequent drivers:

Week 1-4:
01 Tijny - 12 gold, 7 silver, 1 bronze 20/20 times top3
02 Mike Nike - 7 gold, 11 silver, 2 bronze, 20/20 times top3
03 Palo - 1 gold, 1 silver, 5 bronze, 17/17 times top6
04 Hevonen - 1 bronze, 12/12 times top10
08 Stylus - 4 bronze, 12/14 times top10
09 Jurgen - 1 5th place, 18/18 times top20
10 Kyna_Musti - 2 4th places, 14/16 times top10
11 Whiplash - 5 5th places, 12/13 times top10
13 mc65532 - 1 6th place, 9/13 times top20
23 iBlaze² - 1 bronze, 14/15 times top20
27 xzeal - 1 5th place, 15/17 times top20
29 Qpa - 1 7th place, 9/11 times top20
39 REIROM - 1 11th place, 1/9 times top20 :-(
40 AnnicK, 1 6th place, 13/18 times top20
47 fatty, 1 12th place, 9/14 times top20
52 Augusto, 1 12th place, 4/10 times top20
54 pozdro600, 1 12th place, 8/12 times top20

pity, not more drivers are driving all 5 cars..

Whiplash

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 8:47 am

Wtf, stop!

power79

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 9:11 am

Mike's huge analyses really make me want to try learn other default cars. :D Too bad I don't have enough time plus I would at best end up in 90%-95% range from top drivers anyway.

Just little opinion about the tracks in competition. I don't mind if there's a really short track every now and then like this week, but I dislike tracks where you have to sacrifice every other lap because you can't start lap/enter first corner with optimal line or speed after your "fast" lap. I hope most of the tracks are not like that. I am sure track makers have not designed tracks for wanking in mind so I don't blame them but it still bugs me. Of course at some point you start to get a feeling when lap is not going to be your best so you have to make a sacrifice only after very good laps but it is still wasting time.
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions