It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:21 am

Weekly Hot Lap Competition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Re: Weekly Hot Lap Competition

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 10:12 am

indeed mike his analysis was interesting to read and its nice to get some acknowledgement for the week in where i wanked hard :D

about the tracks i have the same issue like power has, but i also know that the track is randomly picked out.
so i suppose its just about hoping that the next track is between 15-30sec averagely orso first 5 tracks were pretty nice so no complaining here about this weeks track there may be players who enjoy these (small) tracks aswell just hoping i can enjoy the next track more again :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 10:16 am

Yup, power. I will keep in mind, if i put up a hotlap server again some day hopefully, to either put on short tracks, 1 lap tracks or medium to long tracks, which are driveable "2 laps in a row" with every selectable car. I used to rank tracks with that additional attribute^^...good times :)

Tijny

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 10:56 am

Yes, of course ideally we would only use tracks where you can drive two fast laps in a row (also meaning that maximum entry speed can be reached by driving the last corner the normal way!), that's actually a surprisingly restrictive constraint: it would easily cut the track pool in half. I will see if I can update the pack to meet these requirements a bit more, though, because the track we had last week was a pretty bad offender as well.

dede

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Good analysis Mike, I wish I had more time to wank :(
It's a shame that I cannot set proper times with Slider+Anti+Speeder this week, after getting good laps with Spinner and Easy.

Mike Nike

PostSat Jan 10, 2015 1:38 pm

http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/cups/h ... _week6.htm

Weekly Hot Lap Competition

Week 6
2015.01.03 start
2015.01.10 end

T_Tiny04

AntiSlider:
8.684 ([x] Mike Nike) - after a bit of a misspeculation by the king of ROMs, telling "Whip is fast here" and "Mike is slow", Mike could actually catch the server record by driving 2 8.68x laps when being "in the flow".
Ender, apparently driven the world record of 8.671 in a local warmup, unfortunately made it only to 4th place, still showing off his capabilities though.
Tijny, as well as Palo, showed pretty strong laps as well, which could have easily been worth gold.
Probably most impressive for the pure right handers under us: Tijny driving an 8.7x lap with just his left hand.

EasySlider:
9.667 ([+] dede) - quite a dominating win, even at least Mike got kinda close, feeling a while able to somewhat equalize the record.
Just like Palo, probably, he could be pretty satisfied with a low 9.7, giving Tijny a little side challenge.
Yet another close fight for the top4.
Nevertheless, good job by olio as well, being a while on 3rd place with his laptime.

Spinner:
8.983 ([+] dede) - early driven, unbeaten! Well deserved.
Mike, driving 3 laps under 9 seconds, still only managed to get a 8.996.
Palo surprising with another strong lap, forcing Tijny to fight for his place in the top3.

Slider:
9.714 ([x] Mike Nike) - as if dedes 9.78 didn't already look pretty strong, Tijny smashed out a 9.733.
Yet, Mike and Stylus from the xtreame Team managed to beat this scary fast looking lap. Good job, [x]! :)
Respectable laps by Palo, Kyna_Musti and olio as well!

Speeder:
9.410 ([+] Tinjovic) - almost 1% in front of silver medalist (new record) Mike, Tijny smashed out yet another impressive sign that he is the one and only number one with speeder.
Palo, driving a pretty decent lap as well, missing a bronze medal basicly in the very last races, thx to dedes streak of speeder laptime improvements.

Overall:
Tijny, 1 gold, 1 silver, 3 bronze, winning the overall rating in a tight fight vs Mike this time.
Mike, 2 gold, 3 silver, could enjoy quite a while the lead of the overall rating, before Tijny smashed out his speeder rec improvement in the end of the week.
Yet, at least, the medals speak for themselves this time, to at least show a certain prophet (aka: R _ _ R _ M) that especially short tracks might be quite beneficial for the "wtf? 24/7"-guys and not only for the medium strong drivers to maybe catch some records, such as Ender with Anti or Stylus with Slider.
Dede, 2 gold, 1 bronze, could not just catch away Palos speeder bronze within the last races of the challenge, but he also passed him in the last few races in the fight for overall 3rd place.
Palo, 1 bronze, 3 4th places, overall almost 3rd, still showed a great performance in this challenge!
Stylus, 1 silver, 2 5th, 2 6th places, showed also a promising set of laptimes.
A slight lack with speeder (still a decent lap though), a strong anti lap, a good Easy lap, a very strong Slider silver, and a strong Spinner lap. Very nice, Stylus! :)

the medals so far:

G/S/B:

AntiSlider:
4,1,1 Mike Nike
1,5,0 Tijny
1,0,2 Palo
0,0,1 Kyna_Musti, Hevonen, Badeend, Ender

EasySlider:
5,0,1 Tijny
1,2,0 dede
0,4,2 Mike Nike
0,0,2 Palo
0,0,1 Stylus

Spinner:
3,2,1 Tijny
2,4,0 Mike Nike
1,0,2 dede
0,0,2 Palo
0,0,1 Stylus

Slider:
5,1,0 Mike Nike
1,0,0 dede
0,3,3 Tijny
0,1,2 Stylus
0,1,0 Palo
0,0,1 Matti

Speeder:
6,0,0 Tijny
0,6,0 Mike Nike
0,0,2 dede
0,0,1 Palo (4th in week 1 counts as 3rd due to Tijny being 1st and 3rd), Sig, kikiriki, iBlaze

dede

PostSun Jan 11, 2015 6:02 am

Cool to win two gold medals without driving much. I would've loved to set the Slider record as well, but I had no time to drive it (in last 30 minutes of competition I wanted to set a Speeder laptime in order to join overall standings).

Impressive AntiSlider record, I tried it a little bit last Saturday and I wasn't able to get close at all. But I suck with anti, so it's fine.

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 pm

that good old hotlap competition with default cars is great.

Tijny

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 10:29 am

I am taking this server down again after the current week. Some people aren't playing anymore because "it's boring without better ranking", yet these same people are also the ones who discouraged me from finishing the website I was working on. Well, f*ck you then.

Whiplash

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 11:09 am

Tijny wrote:Some people...

Yeah. What a unthankful bastards! :evil:

iBlaze²

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 11:37 am

Tijny wrote:I am taking this server down again after the current week. Some people aren't playing anymore because "it's boring without better ranking", yet these same people are also the ones who discouraged me from finishing the website I was working on. Well, f*ck you then.

As Rei would say, patetic.

Why ruin it for everybody else just because some people are throwing a strop that they can't reach top of the rankings? There are many people who are really enjoying this conpetition, myself included. Hell, I haven't been this active on TS in years. This competition has brought many old players back to the game and helped them rediscover what we loved so much back in the day. Some of these names haven't been seen in over 4 years.

I don't mean to have a go at you, it's not your fault that others can't just play a cup to the rules of the cup and enjoy an active competition without complaining that it doesn't suit them. But I will be quite angry if the needs of the few detract from the enjoyment of the many again.

Keppana

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 12:41 pm

indeed this kind of lapwank competition is just great in it's category. i could't enough underline iBlaze's words and i feel more active online with this than been with other competition in a year, other players there also really enjoy for trying so hard to beat times, can see many old names there. this kind of competition should have it's place in TS (especially the default cars like this) and ranking system for it, something similair ranking to IRT held by dede which comeback i would also like to see. ranking points system was a running like based to 3 last cup standings (?), really enjoyed that one.

IRT "current" rankings http://www.turbosliders.com/IRT/?page=ranking

i like the format, but weekly wank in my opinion is bad, the best lap hunting with each car is very intensive and take much of metal powers. 2-3 months between wank tournemant could be fine. i like the instant information display after the race to see how you are doing, you have done good work.

Mike Nike

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 1:46 pm

yup, seeing 1-2 veterans per week coming back (peke and silcir this week at least) is quite nice.
pity that "someone" could discourage tijny to build on some ts related website :(..but oh well, times gonna get better, i think. last weeks were quite nice with the competition..kinda pity if it stops, but hey, just because LVP stops, it doesnt mean that others cant do the same :P (unfortunately i cant selfkick my a** enough at the moment to work enough for this goal)

@this week competition:
apparently i either got low diskspace probs or just the track doesnt suit my gfx card..dunno
especially in first curves i get punished with a warpiness (low fps or something) i couldnt fix yet.
although the local tests with all cars went someone good. anti 711 with a bad first half in lap 16, spinner...175 (rec) in first laps, slider .4 in first laps, speeder 8x or 9x (well, there the gfx probs were way worse than with antislider), easyslider..eh, something middle fast, cant remember. probably 2nd with a slight chance to touch dede without gfx probs.
so..if i cant even fix the probs for local practice, i skip driving online this week.

Keppana

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 2:41 pm

blame the gfx card, only thing matters you got other hand in poker. i have new pc (more mhz and ram) though is not top of the tech, but cannot see any different to old one while driving at all. make some laps, won't lose anything, with either bad gfx card you can easy do top 3 time with each car, trusting to your anormous skills.
Last edited by Keppana on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jurgen-NL

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 2:53 pm

I don't see why this ranking is boring or how any ranking could be boring, get a time if its the fastest you get 1st place points get 2nd and you get 2nd place points 3rd 3rd place points etc. etc.
What is the deal with these some people that think that the ranking is boring :?:
i agree with the above said by iblaze keppana and mike please dont close the server :oops: :!:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Ok, I wasn't actually going to close down the server — unless maybe I got like, zero responses here. I just needed to vent my frustration, and I guess also provoke some responses that people ARE enjoying the server without a fancy website. After all, the game isn't played in a web browser, is it?

Badeend

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Jan 15, 2015 5:32 pm

I really enjoy it, T!

And to be honest, I usually check results.php instead of the fancy website :P

kapa112

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 1:56 am

As Mike said, this competition has brought many old players back, including myself (even though I majorly suck at wanking, I like it). You did a great job, T. Who needs a fancy website anyway?

Chukie

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 3:54 am

Please don't take down the wanking server T! This is the only server I currently frequent. Other servers are usually empty and this is the only one that I can enjoy by myself. It's also the single server that allows me to race with default cars other than anti. And it only gets better when others join in to the fun!
"We play more games before 9am than most people play all day."

Mike Nike

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 5:27 am

http://141.138.196.151/whlc/results.php
basicly my startpage for firefox instead of google xD (and clicked it quite frequently...even i dont drive this week...yet - haha keppana might get me into driving as Mike@ROFLgfx or something^^)

stummihouse

Community User Level: 2

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 6:38 am

if this is the weekly standings, is there a general standings (all the races) page?

p.s. hi there! :D

Whiplash

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 7:59 am

stummihouse wrote:if this is the weekly standings, is there a general standings (all the races) page?

Don't worry, Tijny is working on it. :wink: Some people just discouraged him for a moment, but he 'll be on the road very soon again.

Tijny

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 8:13 am

Whiplash wrote:
stummihouse wrote:if this is the weekly standings, is there a general standings (all the races) page?

Don't worry, Tijny is working on it. :wink: Some people just discouraged him for a moment, but he 'll be on the road very soon again.

Go f*** yourself.

xzeal

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 pm

... alright everybody say it with me now:

Thank you for all your hard work Tijny!

stummihouse

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 1:52 pm

sorry I had not read the previous posts: P
of course: thank you for all your hard work Tijny! :D

if you want to share your code, i'll gladly help you; i already worked with the ts server and php, see the old GPOR Open Season, when I find the time, I'm always happy to create standings and statistics :P

Mike Nike

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 7:01 pm

xzeal wrote:... alright everybody say it with me now:

Thank you for all your hard work Tijny!

xzeal, doesnt even like that hot lap thingy, still indirectly supporting it, my man!
and righty, thx³ to tijny, but also thx stummi :D ..pleasure to see those stats again with Tuukka, Peto, Etana etc

could be a nice time the circle is closing and all players come back to TS, Z included ;P
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions