It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Full Contact Championship - idea

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Enrico Papi

Community User Level: 1

Full Contact Championship - idea

PostWed May 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi guys, i hope that someone can recognise me, i'm one of those "shitalian" new drivers who play at this amazing game almost everyday (or should I say night?). I'm writing here because i came up with an idea that i want to propose. If you are playing in these weeks you can all see how the full contact server is often...full: we have the shitalians (as Whiplash calls us), the portugueses/brazilians and a bunch of other elite pro.

So, why don't we try to organize a "Full Contact Championship"? Who wants to participate can confirm his presence here, we may do 1/2 races a week and gather here the results. For example, if down here Player A, Player B, Player C and Player D tell me that they want to play, we decide a moment of the week in which we are all available and we run.

A race is composed by the normal 12 rounds of a full contact cup. For example, take these invented standings after 12 rounds of FC

Player B 230 points
Player C 219 points
Player A 218 points
Player D 211 points

That means that in the Full Contact Championship the Player B will gain 25 points, the Player C 22 points, the Player A 20 points and so on. I thought of a total of 10 races.

Maybe if someone like Whiplash wants to play, he might create a special server where only the subscribers can drive :mrgreen:

p.s.: is this the right section? If it is not, don't call me "Amateur" please :(

xzeal

Community User Level: 3

Re: Full Contact Championship

PostWed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Full contact Championships - great

if down here Player A, Player B, Player C and Player D tell me that they want to play, we decide a moment of the week in which we are all available and we run.

This is a bit confusing. So basically once people have singed up we agree on a time? That seems like the wrong order to do things. Usually we set the time and schedule before sign up even opens, getting a time that is good for everyone will get rather tricky if there are too many sign-ups.

Well If there are enough people and I got time I am game... Although basically I can only make time on Friday and Saturday evenings (or Sunday until ~20:00CET). So it is a "maybe" from me.

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostWed May 13, 2015 7:18 pm

That's not a bad idea. It's also very easy to organize. You guys deal the schedule and I'll do the rest. :wink:
There is no need for new server. I can set it all up on the current one.

iBlaze²

PostThu May 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Sounds like fun. Count me in. Sunday or Monday evenings would be best for me.

edit: Looking at it right now, if you were to organise this for either 18:00 or 19:00 CET on Sundays then all 3 of us who have shown interest so far would be able to race. That was also the traditional time period for old organised cups so I guess there would be a few more people who could make that too :)

Enrico Papi

PostThu May 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Some of my guys (Carlos Sainz, Alexander Wurz...) have different ideas on how to assign points and on how to do the races

Maybe if they post here their ideas would be better :wink:

Oompa

Community User Level: 2

PostThu May 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Nice! So ten cups you mean? Awesome. In wonder what will happen.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

PostFri May 15, 2015 1:16 am

Enrico Papi wrote:Some of my guys (Carlos Sainz, Alexander Wurz...) have different ideas on how to assign points and on how to do the races

Maybe if they post here their ideas would be better :wink:

id like to participate in any cup!!!

and Enrico Papi yeah man if "your guys" sign up on the forum and post their ideas that would be great.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Oompa

PostFri May 15, 2015 4:30 am

I think your system is good. How to assign when more than 20 players? Second cup? How to decide grid for first race?

Jan

PostFri May 15, 2015 6:20 am

Good idea. I'm most probably in! 8)

Oh and bring your guys to the forum as well. There is never too much activity around here. :D

Carlos Sainz Jr

PostFri May 15, 2015 9:45 am

Well, I'm already here. I don't have clear ideas about a good points/partecipants system, I only think that Papi's method it's a bit confusionary, but if it's ok for all of you I don't have any problem 'bout that.

Edit: What about a TeamSpeak server in which we can join in? The game could have more popularity...

Ps: Papi is my scrotum sack.
Last edited by Carlos Sainz Jr on Fri May 15, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enrico Papi

PostFri May 15, 2015 10:12 am

To be clear, my guys are:

- Carlos Sainz
- Alexander Wurz
- Kid Masters
- Torello
- Arrow

and many other italians, but these have the highest chance to partecipate

Whiplash

PostFri May 15, 2015 10:42 am

I think we shouldn't complicate things too much. Idea of having summarized results of about 6 cups is good enough. Basically, we would play 6 cups (1 per week, every Sunday) with the current point system. Summary of 6 cups will give us overall ranking. We could say that instead of all 6, overall ranking will summarize best 5 cups results. That way people could miss 1 race and still have a chance to win.

P.S.
I'll lock this topic in order to make another one that will be more suitable for further competition organizing. So, use that one from now on.
Link

Return to Competitions