It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:33 am

Full Contact Championship #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostThu Dec 10, 2015 10:32 am

max tre wrote:Whippe/Tijny: Administration Control Panel - Users and groups - Groups - Manage groups - Create new group(s).
People who want email notifications: User Control Panel - Board preferences - Administrators can email me "Yes" + User Control Panel - Usergroups - Edit membership - Join that group.
Whippe/Tijny: Administration Control Panel - System - Mass email.

Ah, yeah, that's going to be an easy way to solve this. Thanks.

Whiplash

PostThu Dec 10, 2015 11:45 am

O.K., HERE you go.

kikiriki

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Dec 10, 2015 2:35 pm

awesome, thanks guys

max tre

PostThu Dec 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Whiplash wrote:
max tre wrote:Whippe/Tijny: Administration Control Panel - Users and groups - Groups - Manage groups - Create new group(s).
People who want email notifications: User Control Panel - Board preferences - Administrators can email me "Yes" + User Control Panel - Usergroups - Edit membership - Join that group.
Whippe/Tijny: Administration Control Panel - System - Mass email.

Ah, yeah, that's going to be an easy way to solve this. Thanks.

My pleasure. ;)

Carlos Sainz Jr

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 9:38 am

So last FCC #2 Cup is tonight at 22.00 CET?

sanbaldo

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 9:43 am

I'm in again tonight :D

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 10:50 am

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:So last FCC #2 Cup is tonight at 22.00 CET?

What? No Jurgen at 21h00 CET??? :|

Carlos Sainz Jr

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 11:05 am

We never did FCC at 21.00 CET. It's CET, not GMT.

Azev

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 11:39 am

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:We never did FCC at 21.00 CET. It's CET, not GMT.

Oooops, you're right, 21h00 GMT

Enrico Papi

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 12:39 pm

I'll try to arrive for div2, i hope to make it in time

Azev

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Check Div2 race 10, and see what Torello did, is that allowed? I couldn't catch him, and he just waited for me, to make me lose positions

Carlos Sainz Jr

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Well, i wasn't in Div 2 but Ninja made the same things to me on last 2 races of Groups. It's the game.

And i was unlucky as hell in Div 1.

Azev

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:Well, i wasn't in Div 2 but Ninja made the same things to me on last 2 races of Groups. It's the game.

And i was unlucky as hell in Div 1.

I'm not talking about the usual blocking.

Whiplash

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Standings are updated and videos are uploaded. Report any problem.
Thanks to all for playing the Championship and congratulations to Sig for deserved win!
Special thanks go to:
[x] Sig
[TDi] Gol v8
[TDi] Hejman
Torello
[FTR]Jurgen-NL
Carlos Sainz Jr
[TDi] Azev
marquez tre

...for playing all the 6 events.

Azev wrote:Check Div2 race 10, and see what Torello did, is that allowed? I couldn't catch him, and he just waited for me, to make me lose positions

Well, I would say that it was allowed even it was a really cheap move. His goal here is to beat you, not to f*** you up. But I'd like to see what other people would say.

Enrico Papi

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Torello is considered an unfair player even by us, the shitalians :mrgreen:

Btw, bad cup for me, i was lagging hard for the first 4-5 races and only then i was able to start playing, what an unlucky bastards!

Mike Nike

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Weird cup. Too many tracks with crossings for my taste. With that track selection i hope i don't accidently join another one of these, even, like in many tournaments over the years: a TS tourney with settings i don't rly like is still better than no tourney at all.
"Semi Final" went kinda bad - been super pissed about Arska risking my place 1 and his place 2 in a race by pressuring on me in one race in last lap, ending up with me in 10th place and he getting a lucky 2nd place. Never ragequit ever, but this time it was close.

Anyway, the final with 20 players i obviously could not handle so well. But the internet connection/warps/lags weren't thaaat bad. You probably didn't see me mention it once. Wondering about if i should keep on gambling in the first curve or should try to just let others push each other was crossing my thoughts more often. In one race i won the gamble, in the rest i felt like losing nearly all gambles. The one race i did not gamble, i gambled in the 2nd curve and lost bigtime :D by getting billardpushed behind the trees^^
Sry for the races i had no idea where to go due to bad trackknowledge...or crashed by mistake/warp - i most likely messed up some players races with my randomness.. (and sry for skipping last race - lol though: i wanted to let all pass, but still got pushed offroad)
Well... 3 days +- back into FCC Server wasn't enough to get to know all the tracks. The 10-15 player races were usually quite nice though.

Whiplash wrote:But I'd like to see what other people would say.

Don't know about full current FCC Server rules or FCC Cup rules, but i'd prefer that this move would be allowed in case Torello is still fighting with the blocked car for a position in the cup.

@Whip
In the J End of Road track or something..in the final, lap 3, bottom left part, the left curve, Tijny pushs me offroad. 1) was that bw-driving? 2) is bw-driving allowed in that spot to push a car offroad?

Azev

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Azev wrote:Check Div2 race 10, and see what Torello did, is that allowed? I couldn't catch him, and he just waited for me, to make me lose positions

Well, I would say that it was allowed even it was a really cheap move. His goal here is to beat you, not to f*** you up. But I'd like to see what other people would say.

He was way ahead on that one.
I rebember reading here somewhere, that stoping and waiting for someone was not allowed.
There is another race, where he brakes before the finish line, for the same reasons. That's just stupid.

Anyway, thx to you, Jurgen (oh man, the lists, the lists...), and Tijny, for making another great cup!
I hope it doesnt take long before another one, with better defined fcc rules maybe :)

Whiplash

PostSun Dec 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Never ragequit ever, but this time it was close.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike Nike wrote:@Whip
In the J End of Road track or something..in the final, lap 3, bottom left part, the left curve, Tijny pushs me offroad. 1) was that bw-driving? 2) is bw-driving allowed in that spot to push a car offroad?

Well, there was really nothing to complain about. He actually had a nice chance to hit you again, and he didn't. :)
You probably understand backward driving differently than rest of us. Let's say it like this:
- It is not BW if a player can hit you and continue his lap without of losing much time.

You were technically in front of T, so that can't be bw.

Mike Nike

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 2:05 am

"He actually had a nice chance to hit you again, and he didn't. :) "
- maybe because the last time he hit me, he lost 3 positions due to not making the jump..

"You probably understand backward driving differently than rest of us."
- a) there is the bw-driving in terms of ghost drivers, like COL SirWhite, COL SirBlack
and some guy called Reirom i.e.. They used to do few curves/laps with the more one sided fun effect to destroy other peoples races, more or less..
ok...to some players it was a bonus challenge to avoid the bw drivers
- b) then there is the mathematical backward driving, which can be defined in a couple ways actually,
of which one major one should be, that driving not within the 180 degree zone of where the road "goes", is defined as bw driving.
some might remember the f1 rule, where you are not allowed to go bw into pits..
- c) then there is the bw driving, where you actually hit the bw-key
(i.e. when you are blocking opponent team cars at start or when you drive back into the pitzone if you missed it by a car length or so...)

if, without further explanation, bw driving is not allowed, i expect at least the 3 mentioned forms of bw driving to be not allowed.
if allowing bw-driving in some forms improves everybodys average longterm fun - i'd be happy to hear..

as a sidenote, there are at least 2 definitions of "where the road goes", where tijny actually did not drive backwards to hit me and good possible: even more non-bw definitions than bw ones - yet he was only a few degrees within the "allowed" zone.
funny though, kind of a carlength or 2 away there was a double-arrow on the road, telling where to go...and tijny is not quite following that one, when steering at me :P
and you kinda HAVE to use the fast-terrain to make the jump and even tijny would have driven to the very fast outside part of the terrain, he would have probably still not made the jump (havent tested).

"It is not BW if a player can hit you and continue his lap without of losing much time."
- well...here it feels like you are minded positive about a possible rule that would say:
"it is allowed to go bw in order to hit someone in order to gain a strategic advantage for the race or cup (or maybe even season)".
right?
because that would open a couple of doors to some interesting strategic moves on tracks including deathterrain or wide ice zones, for example.
im looking forward to post some additional screenshots to show different definitions of the b)-type of bw to discuss.
these could be useful for probably upcoming cup or server rules.

@all
by the way: how you guys think about excluding certain tracks on public servers with FSK 12+/16+/18+ images/pics - those kinds, where some parents wouldn't prefer yet that their 8 years old kids are gonna see them yet.
or what you think about dede_sucks types of tracks? is the additional average longterm fun we gain from these types of tracks more worth the downsides?
maybe^^..but i'd still vote to exclude them.

Will

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 5:14 am

Mike Nike wrote:In the J End of Road track or something..in the final, lap 3, bottom left part, the left curve, Tijny pushs me offroad. 1) was that bw-driving? 2) is bw-driving allowed in that spot to push a car offroad?

I personally hate when someone does that, in particular when a driver hits you a first time, you get out of their way and they also go out of their way to hit you a second time. Talk about beating someone who's already down. However in this case, although it was an ugly move, i see nothing that 'violates' the current FC rules. But I would like to hear other's opinion.

Oh, by the way... Here's me basically all the time during this championship:

Tijny

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 5:35 am

Mike, allow me to explain myself with a simple image:

The only constraint the track gives us here is that we hit the blue lines in order, which both the red and the green line perfectly abide by. In addition, the trackmaker clearly intended for drivers to be able to shortcut the ice on the inside in order to hit someone who is relatively far in front, or there would have been a slower terrain or an obstacle in order to prevent this. The only thing that made my move look bad was that I failed to clear the jump after hitting you, but I probably thought I could make it... let's not forget that this is Full Contact, and dirty moves are part of the game.

If it were Whiplash (or someone else who I knew would be able to take it) instead of you, I likely would have attempted a second hit there. And probably failed the jump again. And attempted a third hit. And ... (infinite loop detected)

About the tracks, I agree that it was unfortunate that there were (again) so many crossing tracks... I'm not sure what the percentage of crossing tracks is that we have in our pack, but I highly doubt it's more than the ratio we had in the Div. 1 cup yesterday, or last week for that matter. It's probably worth looking into.

Azev

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 6:48 am

Mike, I only see Tijny move as a "dirty move", no bw there, and believe me, I'm always alert for that situations eheh.

Tijny, I also would like your opinion on my post earlier.
Can you stop and wait for someone just to mess with his race?

For some people destroying others is more important than winning, that's just wrong.

You were also responsible for me not qualifying, as you sent me to Africa on some race, but can't complain there, part of the game, I know... :twisted:

Tijny

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 7:03 am

Azev wrote:Tijny, I also would like your opinion on my post earlier.
Can you stop and wait for someone just to mess with his race?
I briefly discussed that with Whip yesterday, and as I see it, it's not a dirty move, it's just lame, and I personally would not allow that (God, that's more commas in one sentence than Jurgen has typed in his entire life). Taking my move on Mike as an example, I could potentially gain a position by doing that, but in Torello's case there's nothing to be gained for him at all, and there's the difference.

Azev wrote:You were also responsible for me not qualifying, as you set me to Africa on some race, but can't complain there, part of the game, I know... :twisted:
You got a glimpse of Hejman's new track? How was it? :D

lucabadoer

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 10:10 am

Giurato
Last edited by lucabadoer on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos Sainz Jr

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 10:55 am

Omg shitalians betrayed me. f*** amateur cops.
Last edited by Carlos Sainz Jr on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions