It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:25 am


Full Contact Championship #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

lucabadoer

  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:03 am

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 10:58 am

cry amateur
Offline
User avatar

Sig

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:25 pm
  • Location: Brazil

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Whiplash wrote:Standings are updated and videos are uploaded. Report any problem.
Thanks to all for playing the Championship and congratulations to Sig for deserved win!


Thx Whip! In the latter sixth stage was interesting, I started badly, I forgot to change the controls and ended up losing the first race, but then I was recovering, I took a bit of luck as well. Referring to the whole championship, I believe I was right, 229 points of possible 250. I felt a big difference from the first stage to the last pilots, many have evolved considerably, it is increasingly difficult to win a Cup (both the latter was by one measly Score). I want to thank you all involved in organizing this championship, it attracted and amused enough players in recent weeks. I tried to do as much also to disseminate this championship here in Brazil. The coming of the FCC # 3!
Sig, since 2006.
Offline
User avatar

Sig

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:25 pm
  • Location: Brazil

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Tijny wrote:Mike, allow me to explain myself with a simple image:

Image



I will give my opinion, I agree totally valid maneuver to push this case, because the track is open, there is no separation between the beginning and the end of it, there's just an open space. For me it is a normal move, would never consider bw in this case.
Sig, since 2006.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Tijny wrote:
Azev wrote:You were also responsible for me not qualifying, as you set me to Africa on some race, but can't complain there, part of the game, I know... :twisted:
You got a glimpse of Hejman's new track? How was it? :D


Very nice indeed! Found Kid Masters there.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 2:35 pm

Sig wrote:
Whiplash wrote:Standings are updated and videos are uploaded. Report any problem.
Thanks to all for playing the Championship and congratulations to Sig for deserved win!


Thx Whip! In the latter sixth stage was interesting, I started badly, I forgot to change the controls and ended up losing the first race, but then I was recovering, I took a bit of luck as well. Referring to the whole championship, I believe I was right, 229 points of possible 250. I felt a big difference from the first stage to the last pilots, many have evolved considerably, it is increasingly difficult to win a Cup (both the latter was by one measly Score). I want to thank you all involved in organizing this championship, it attracted and amused enough players in recent weeks. I tried to do as much also to disseminate this championship here in Brazil. The coming of the FCC # 3!


Congratulations, Sig! Nice win! :wink:

As for Brazilian players... You, Gol, Luke and Coldeda are nice players, I like playing with you. Ninjinha as his moods. But the rest just spams the chat with useless messages (almost like reirom). Most of them just saying sh** to you, as you know. Maybe we need an admin talking Portuguese? :lol:
Offline
User avatar

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1514
  • Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 pm
  • Location: Netherlands

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Azev wrote:Maybe we need an admin talking Portuguese? :lol:

There is one, he just doesn't know it himself, apparently... \/\/||_|_SONINHO has access to the admin board and I informed him about this a while ago, but I don't think he got the message... well, maybe he \/\/||_|_ read this.
Offline
User avatar

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1131
  • Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:11 am
  • Location: Germany

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Allright, as i see, the tendency is to allow bw-ish moves.

So, here are some pics to discuss (sry in case, we discussed some yet):

1) http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/temp/b ... onable.jpg

Am i safe from a push, if i would be located in the green circle?
Or could Tijny leave the 180 degree zone, where the road goes and drive bw to push me offroad?
Sry for the mess of lines - there are just plenty of definitions possible, where the road actually goes.
the only checkline in this pic is actually between the haybales at the left top part.
btw..im sure the author intended beefing at that zone, but i doubt that the icepart in the middle was placed to invite cutting.
It feels more like a visual thingy to make the zone look more like a curve.


2) http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/temp/b ... ed-pat.png

2.1: blue "car" tries to drive a fast line and crosses the roadend, ending up driving "bw" for a split of a second.
a) allowed? b) what, if he screws someone up?

2.2: the orange car has a big enough lead to others and is chasing the green car. it's not in push-distance, but driving on the wrong road in the upcoming U-turn in order to send the car in front to deep iced africa^^, then turns around to make sure getting all the controlpoints.
by that, he lost a lot of time, but won relative much time in the fight for the position against the car in front and most usually overtook it without losing a position.


3) http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/temp/b ... os-pat.png

orange car leaves the own road in order to bw-drive-push the green car into the deep ice in the upcoming 270 degree turn.
allowed?

4) http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/temp/b ... ce-pat.png

not many cars (left) on the track and the orange car is too far behind to have a realistic chance to catch the green car.
so...let's imagine Sig is the orange car, last race, 220 pts, oompa in green leads with 222 pts, 3rd place has just 190 pts.
If the rules allow it, Sig is clever and drives bw in order to push Oompa back into the trap after Oompa did the jump.
Allowed strategy? Or, if >2 players left not allowed at all? Or: just punished, if he accidently hits a car besides from the bridgeblock vs Oompa?

5) http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/temp/b ... ce-pat.png

5.1: similar to 4) and 3) -> the yellow car tries to bridgeblock a car behind (or far in front), but kinda has to leave the own road in order to make it getting trapped.
allowed or not?

5.2: the orange car, a) in lead or...b) far behind: turns around in order to bridgeblock-pushback the green car into the deadzone.
allowed or not?

5.3.: the orange car tries to sidepush the yellowish car in front, but has to leave the road slightly.
Sig did that in the final vs me, but with the difference that he actually tried to avoid hitting me and failed - bad luck for me :P

5.4.: yellow car kinda turns around just to push another yellow car on the ice (even it actually just overtook it already)...in order to gain "relative time" in comparison to that car (or a step further: to f*** him up, which might have even more influence on the cupresult of the player on ice due to steaming in upcoming races, ragequit or whatever)
allowed or not?


6) after finishing the race, sometimes you get backbounced into the way of others who are still racing.
should we give punishment for the careless people who skip trying to avoid getting their car in the way?


7) if you are trapped in a deadzone, but could help other players "fly over you" in case they are accidently about to fall into the trapzone. Is it allowed to try to help some players, but dont help others in order to get an average better cup position?
Offline

Kid Masters

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 4:39 am

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Oh God why in the hell is Mike Nike crying so much???? Thats Full F*cking Contact bitch, Tinjo and Torello moves were totally allowed. We have not to do a damn rule for each and everyone case that could possibly happen in every track in the server... Simply play and try to avoid those bitchy players just like i try but i cant... I am the last, also behind some people who played only 4 cups... f*** why am I so amateur???
Offline
User avatar

Will

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 7:05 pm

What i see is that Mike Nike doesn't agree with that kind of move and wants to change the rules about that. I don't like it either but don't think we should do anything about that, mainly because it's hard to account for every possible situation. However i see many people getting away with this one:
Image
and for me that's against the rules.
Offline
User avatar

Will

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 7:08 pm

In this case Tijny never really goes bw and it's a risky strategy for the attacker since if it fails he'll lose a lot of time:
Image
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2323
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Mike, FC driving lines aren't like this. They are like this. That gives answers to the most of your questions.
Offline
User avatar

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1514
  • Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 pm
  • Location: Netherlands

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostMon Dec 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Allright, as i see, the tendency is to allow bw-ish moves.

So, here are some pics to discuss (sry in case, we discussed some yet):
I really don't want to waste many more words over this, but Sig described it well - it's an open space with no clear boundaries and therefore I feel my move was completely legal. Still, most of the situations you described in your post are NOT okay in my book and I wouldn't attempt to use those, but as always, the rules are very subjective and open to interpretation. There is no clear distinction between "right" and "wrong", and it's useless to try and cover every possible case in the rules, because there's an infinite number of possible situations with an infinite number of variations and nuances. We just have to try and play within what we feel is acceptable, and not make such a big deal out of it when we get hit once. When someone goes full-blown [COL] on your ass or shits on you with questionable moves over and over, THAT is when you speak up or take action.


This being said, if you feel what I did was unacceptable, I will apologize for what it's worth, but I can't guarantee that I won't do it again. ;)
Offline
User avatar

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1131
  • Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:11 am
  • Location: Germany

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 2:37 am

For those who did not figure it out: which moves are allowed or not, i just don't know yet!
I was too lazy to inform myself about possible updates after being away from Sliders for quite a while.
So i just drove within some old rules where most forms of bw-driving are not allowed, except startblocks.

Which moves will be allowed or not, i actually don't care that much!

I just think people should know which moves are allowed, so...

a) all can use them and..
b) all know that others can use them, so they can consider that they might have to defend against certain moves.

Else the more rough players will keep having a certain advantage over the ones who prefer to keep fair in any case.

Considering the aspects Will and Tijny mentioned, i would personally tend to the solution, where a lot is allowed.
Summarized into the basic rule: you can do whatever you want in order to achieve a better race~, cup~ or season result, except something like chatflood or other lag causing stuff, maybe.
So: strategical kamikaze bw as 1st cup place against the 2nd place would be just fine within the last race, sometimes - even it would mess up the race of few other players.


@Whip
Whahaahahahaha ;D nice pic!
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 6:47 am

Mike Nike wrote:
6) after finishing the race, sometimes you get backbounced into the way of others who are still racing.
should we give punishment for the careless people who skip trying to avoid getting their car in the way?



This. It happens almost everyday, and by the same drivers. And I would not call them careless and it's not backbouncing, they just start driving bw after finishing, or they wait at the finish line to hit someone and let others pass.
I don't need to tell names, Jurgen and Matic know who they are, as they usually kick/ban them. The problem is when Jurgen and Matic are not available.
Offline
User avatar

Hejman

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:47 pm
  • Location: Bydgoszcz (Poland)/ Bovenkarspel (Netherlands)

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 7:55 am

Grunf wrote:Going like the arrow points, and hit that car, is this allowed?

Image


Whiplash wrote:
Grunf wrote:Going like the arrow points, and hit that car, is this allowed?

Of course it's not.


Btw guys , we should continue this discussion in thread called "Rules"
Offline
User avatar

Oompa

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm
  • Location: The Netherlands

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 9:13 am

Will wrote:What i see is that Mike Nike doesn't agree with that kind of move and wants to change the rules about that. I don't like it either but don't think we should do anything about that, mainly because it's hard to account for every possible situation. However i see many people getting away with this one:
Image
and for me that's against the rules.


That move I consider lowly. When you fight for position, can't you try to take him out AFTER he's made the turn? It will be hard to enforce any rule here, it's kind of cheeky, do you really need that move?
Offline
User avatar

Will

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 9:32 am

Whiplash wrote:Mike, FC driving lines aren't like this. They are like this. That gives answers to the most of your questions.


I would say more like this

Oh God, i'm spending too much time here...
Offline
User avatar

Feoli7

  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 10:11 am

FCC was good, congratulations for the victory Sig and adms the difficult task of organizing all these children.
I sought to play just for fun ... and did.
FEOLI 7 IS COMING ...
Offline

Carlos Sainz Jr

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:33 am

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Azev wrote:
Mike Nike wrote:
6) after finishing the race, sometimes you get backbounced into the way of others who are still racing.
should we give punishment for the careless people who skip trying to avoid getting their car in the way?



This. It happens almost everyday, and by the same drivers. And I would not call them careless and it's not backbouncing, they just start driving bw after finishing, or they wait at the finish line to hit someone and let others pass.
I don't need to tell names, Jurgen and Matic know who they are, as they usually kick/ban them. The problem is when Jurgen and Matic are not available.


Well, I know you are talkin' with Italians, but i can assure you that if someone of us do this (honestly I don't think I'm one of these players but whatever) is just because we are all on Teamspeak and we laugh together playing the game in a funny way. And we only hit eachother when that happens. No way we push others like you.

But I recognize I'm one of the worst the few times we play missiles mode, just because it's missiles. :D It's a troll mode c'mon, I think it's waaaay funnier shoot backfire missiles once you reached the finish line. There's FCC (and Knockout too haha) for behave good, I think most of you just don't take it as personal and you should play Turbosliders in a smooth way. That's it.

Weeks ago Matic told me to don't do backstarts or I would've been banned. Just wtf. It's a game!
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:
Azev wrote:
Mike Nike wrote:
6) after finishing the race, sometimes you get backbounced into the way of others who are still racing.
should we give punishment for the careless people who skip trying to avoid getting their car in the way?



This. It happens almost everyday, and by the same drivers. And I would not call them careless and it's not backbouncing, they just start driving bw after finishing, or they wait at the finish line to hit someone and let others pass.
I don't need to tell names, Jurgen and Matic know who they are, as they usually kick/ban them. The problem is when Jurgen and Matic are not available.


Well, I know you are talkin' with Italians, but i can assure you that if someone of us do this (honestly I don't think I'm one of these players but whatever) is just because we are all on Teamspeak and we laugh together playing the game in a funny way. And we only hit eachother when that happens. No way we push others like you.

But I recognize I'm one of the worst the few times we play missiles mode, just because it's missiles. :D It's a troll mode c'mon, I think it's waaaay funnier shoot backfire missiles once you reached the finish line. There's FCC (and Knockout too haha) for behave good, I think most of you just don't take it as personal and you should play Turbosliders in a smooth way. That's it.

Weeks ago Matic told me to don't do backstarts or I would've been banned. Just wtf. It's a game!


I didn't refer anyone.

Can I go and drive bw just to hit my friend Silva and have fun?
If there are rules, why not respect them?

As for missiles, you know you can't shoot backwards, but you do it anyway. Bad luck that Matic was there the last time. As long as we are disputing points and trying to win the cup, it's not "just for fun".

Seems I'm always complaining, but don't get me wrong, I like to play with all the Italians, Torello too! He and you are the toughest Italian players, it's always a challenge trying to overtake or defend position with you two. :mrgreen:

I'll just say it again, there are rules, why not try to respect them?
Offline

Enrico Papi

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Azev wrote:
Seems I'm always complaining, but don't get me wrong, I like to play with all the Italians, Torello too! He and you are the toughest Italian players


:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Enrico Papi wrote:
Azev wrote:
Seems I'm always complaining, but don't get me wrong, I like to play with all the Italians, Torello too! He and you are the toughest Italian players


:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:


Hahahahah. You are a good player, and becoming faster and faster, but not dirty :mrgreen:
Offline
User avatar

Feoli7

  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 10:38 am

The "Full Contact " , in my view, is characterized by simple tracks :P ( <30 s ) or cruel :twisted: (+ toto and + traps) , where any player has a chance of winning, regardless of their ability 8) , that makes it interesting championship and will to continue in the next round, as the winner becomes indeterminate :?: , 6 races in the best score : marqueztre 77 points and Sig 229 points (>150 pts), this is not F1... is FC

:idea:
FEOLI 7 IS COMING ...
Offline

Carlos Sainz Jr

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:33 am

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostWed Apr 06, 2016 9:12 am

I didn't know where to type it but well, I think that the time for a Full Contact Championship #3 has come. :D
Offline
User avatar

max tre

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:02 pm
  • Location: Veneto

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 5:50 am

Yeah, let's annoy both of the bosses together until someone gives up.

We want FCC#3, Tijny!

We want FCC#3, Whippe!
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron