It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:26 pm


Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm
  • Location: Finland

Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostTue Nov 17, 2015 5:53 pm

This is a discussion of about new AntiSlider League. The format is a pracice, a qualifying (ghost) and the Grand Prix. The races could be for example 30min, where the pole position laptime determites it's length. Just for example, a pole position laptime of 38,2 gives the race length floored to = (30*60)/38,2 = 47 laps.

Unreleased tracks are needed. If you make any and if you would like to have it in the league, submit them via e-mail, facebook or PM.

General info
Car: AntiSlider
Tracks: unreleased (to be downloaded from the server or released here on the race day)
Rules: fairplay racing
Fuel: Fuel on. Amount: 600sec of accel. Fill: 10sec. Idle cons.: 75.0 % Full slowdown: 7.0 %
CanChangeStartFuel: Yes

The Race Format

1. Practise
This session lasts 10 laps. Players can set startfuel and pit as many time as needed.

2. Qualifying
This session lasts 8 laps. Players can set startfuel and pit as many time as needed. Ghost will be on. Final laptimes will determine the starting grid.

3. Race
The race will last about 30 minutes (number of laps is variable, depending on pole position time). Players can set startfuel and pit as many time as needed.

Scoring:
1st - 25 points
2nd - 22 points
3rd - 20 points
4th - 18 points
5th - 16 points
6th - 15 points
7th - 14 points
8th - 13 points
9th - 12 points
10th - 11 points
11th - 10 points
12th - 9 points
13th - 8 points
14th - 7 points
15th - 6 points
16th - 5 points
17th - 4 points
18th - 3 points
19th - 2 points
20th - 1 point

Schedule:
8 races of total.
Sunday evening.. possible 20-22 CET

Signed:
Peke
Whiplash
Azev
Jurgen-NL
Sig
Carlos Sainz Jr
Will
Hejman
Last edited by Keppana on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2311
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 5:26 am

I would like to play this after the FCC. Point system should just give points to all participants, and drafting should be included.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 5:57 am

I would like to participate too, but after FCC2, we already have that on sundays...
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 716
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 pm

id be in for this :) here are my comments and criticism

Host a practice race before the league starts

Rules: fairplay racing

This needs to be explained well at the first practise and race of the league, the fairplay rules used to be more of a common knowledge these days players dont quite get whats considered fair and what isnt.

1. Practice
This session lasts 15 minutes. Players can set startfuel and pit as many time as needed.

if you want the race to take about 30min i suggest a shorter practise running about 20 laps pretty much gives you too much time to learn the track thats just my opnion i suggest 10 like qualifying or maybe just limit it to the # of laps instead 10 for practise 8 for qualifying

Scoring:
1st - 25 points
2nd - 18 points
3rd - 15 points
etc. etc.


i suggest also like whippe said give everyone a point thats driving the race

1 - 25
2 - 22
3 - 18
4 - 17
5 - 16
6 - 15
etc.
19 - 2
20 - 1


that also brings me to the question what is going to happen when more then 20 players sign up?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

Sig

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:25 pm
  • Location: Brazil

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Azev wrote:I would like to participate too, but after FCC2, we already have that on sundays...


Me too.
Sig, since 2006.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2311
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:...that also brings me to the question what is going to happen when more then 20 players sign up?

I remember there was a script that allowed 2 servers to be connected. Players could have qualifications in any of those servers and the script was listing the top 20 of all players after the qualifications are over.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Jurgen-NL wrote:...that also brings me to the question what is going to happen when more then 20 players sign up?

I remember there was a script that allowed 2 servers to be connected. Players could have qualifications in any of those servers and the script was listing the top 20 of all players after the qualifications are over.


That is perfect, but if it doesn't work maybe host two different qualify sessions?
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 716
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Jurgen-NL wrote:...that also brings me to the question what is going to happen when more then 20 players sign up?

I remember there was a script that allowed 2 servers to be connected. Players could have qualifications in any of those servers and the script was listing the top 20 of all players after the qualifications are over.


yep i believe someone or myself asked dede once i believe he made that script but dont quite know why we never got our hands on it to use it while hes been inactive.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1514
  • Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 pm
  • Location: Netherlands

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:yep i believe someone or myself asked dede once i believe he made that script but dont quite know why we never got our hands on it to use it while hes been inactive.

i made that script yep it was me but i dont think i have it anymore and i dont intend to write something similar so you just have to hope you get 20 players or less good thing i wont sign up for this because i think antislider is only good for one thing and that thing involves a ball and not racing tracks.
Offline
User avatar

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:if you want the race to take about 30min i suggest a shorter practise running about 20 laps pretty much gives you too much time to learn the track thats just my opnion i suggest 10 like qualifying or maybe just limit it to the # of laps instead 10 for practise 8 for qualifying.

10 laps for practise, 8 laps for qualifying sounds pretty nice.

Jurgen-NL wrote:i suggest also like whippe said give everyone a point thats driving the race

1 - 25
2 - 22
3 - 18
4 - 17
5 - 16
6 - 15
etc.
19 - 2
20 - 1

Yes, just the top 10 players getting points it's a bit rude. Scoring like this sounds better.

Jurgen-NL wrote:that also brings me to the question what is going to happen when more then 20 players sign up?

Good question.. we do something like pre-qualify famous in the ski jumping where the top 10 players are in safe and the rest do a short, like 6 laps ghost race to qualify?
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 716
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 11:20 am

Tijny wrote:
Jurgen-NL wrote:yep i believe someone or myself asked dede once i believe he made that script but dont quite know why we never got our hands on it to use it while hes been inactive.

i made that script yep it was me but i dont think i have it anymore and i dont intend to write something similar so you just have to hope you get 20 players or less good thing i wont sign up for this because i think antislider is only good for one thing and that thing involves a ball and not racing tracks.


oh i thought dede made it my apoligies dont know where i got that from :wink:

So keppanna your suggestion is if im correct

qualifie for best lap within qualification top 10 are safe

host a 6 lap ghost race and top 10 goes through? or will it still be laptime based?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline

Carlos Sainz Jr

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:33 am

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 11:59 am

I would like to partecipate but wait, what's the difference between Antislider and Antislider-Hunter? :D
Offline
User avatar

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1514
  • Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 pm
  • Location: Netherlands

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:I would like to partecipate but wait, what's the difference between Antislider and Antislider-Hunter? :D

Anti-Hunter accelerates quite a bit faster which gives it a much livelier feel around the corners. It also offers a bigger variety of driving techniques, giving the choice to apply the brakes in many types of corners. The regular AntiSlider only benefits from braking in a very specific set of corner combinations, limiting the number of potential driving lines to... well, one.

And of course there's the bounciness. Hitting someone with Anti-Hunter makes them fly a lot farther than with the regular AntiSlider. But in fair play events, that doesn't matter so much.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2311
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
  • Location: Bosnia

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 4:28 pm

Well, AntiSlider has its qualities. Races with that car are based on patience, consistency and good pit strategy, which is somehow closer to what real races are. I believe that drafting implementation will add another quality to those races.
Offline
User avatar

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 5:40 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:qualifie for best lap within qualification top 10 are safe
host a 6 lap ghost race and top 10 goes through? or will it still be laptime based?

Let's say the first 20 players who signs to the cup can race in the first GP. On the next GP, top 15 players are in safe based to the points and earns place to the GP (practise/qualify/race). The rest goes through a pre-qualify and top 5 of these earns place to the GP. The PQ can be held like 30min before the GP.
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 716
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 7:40 am

Keppana wrote:
Jurgen-NL wrote:qualifie for best lap within qualification top 10 are safe
host a 6 lap ghost race and top 10 goes through? or will it still be laptime based?

Let's say the first 20 players who signs to the cup can race in the first GP. On the next GP, top 15 players are in safe based to the points and earns place to the GP (practise/qualify/race). The rest goes through a pre-qualify and top 5 of these earns place to the GP. The PQ can be held like 30min before the GP.


Sounds alright to me :) just 1 more question what track will be used for the PQ?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

Will

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 69
  • Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 25, 2015 11:23 am

What?!? Another competition for me to get mad at everyone, ruin my keyboard and almost have an heart attack?
I'm in!
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Nov 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Will wrote:What?!? Another competition for me to get mad at everyone, ruin my keyboard and almost have an heart attack?
I'm in!


Ahahahaha! This one is to be played with fairplay, man! :mrgreen:
Offline

Kid Masters

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 4:39 am

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostWed Dec 02, 2015 3:09 am

Obviously i'd like to partecipate too. One who finish last is always necessary.
Offline

Azev

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm
  • Location: Portugal

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostTue Dec 08, 2015 9:28 am

Do we have starting date for this?
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 716
  • Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostFri Dec 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Bump i second Avez, yous have an answer Keppanna? :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostFri Dec 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:just 1 more question what track will be used for the PQ?

The track used on current GP. Possible it's available in here during the race day so ppl can do some pre-testing on it and make fuel plans.

Azev wrote:Do we have starting date for this?

As soon as we have enough quality tracks for racing.
Offline
User avatar

Luke

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Sounds good. I'm in.
Offline
User avatar

xzeal

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 445
  • Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:32 am
  • Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostSat Dec 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Keppana wrote:Schedule:
8 races of total.
Sunday evening.. possible 20-22 CET


FFS...
Offline
User avatar

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm
  • Location: Finland

Re: Antisliders League Season 2015/2016 discussion

PostThu Dec 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Just asking is any other willing to host the cup? Maybe i ran too quickly for this cup, though it's a discussion and planning, but i see i don't a motivation and interest to host it. I would like to participate the cup and support it with some tracks if someone is willing to host it.
Next

Return to Competitions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron