It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 am

Re: Formula 1 Grand Prix #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Carlos Sainz Jr

Community User Level: 1

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 4:07 am

If you look at the final result and you compare it with the starting grid, it may look like it was kinda a boring race since positions are basically just swapped between two drivers (well, except me of course, I guarantee entertainment 8) ), and I have to admit that, despite being a good track, after the madness of first laps, and more accurately everyone's 1st stint, things got kinda static.

Talkin' about me, it is the second week in a row that I barely try the track in quali and that costs me positions on the starting grid but oh well, I don't complain much about that. What kinda pisses me off is that it is the second time in a row that I have to go for a 3 stops strategy cause of a lot of damages in the first laps, which are not my fault (let's say that I have a 3-5% guilt out of 20-25% total damage). Some drivers that usually start in the back should be more responsible of their actions, cause it is not really funny to play for a hour knowing that after few minutes your race is screwed up.

Anyways, I have succeeded in making a good comeback and I'm kinda happy with it, my ultimate goal is to put my rear in front of Tinjo's face and I made it again, even tho in my last laps I was really wondering if I needed to get lapped or not cause of the fuel, but apparently I calculated it really good since I finished being the lightest car on the track together with Mike Nike. Checking Power's scripts I notice that I also did good in other stats, for example in pixels travelled, single and average pit times and surprisingly even in time spent offroad. And overtakes ofc :) .

Now head down to one of my least fav last season's tracks, hoping I can go for 2 stops this time.

Enrico Papi

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 4:18 am

Kid Masters unfair.

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 4:29 am

Start Fuel / End Fuel
16. [x] Whiplash 95.0% 5.5% (Laps: 40)

Well bloody done, Whippy!

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 5:07 am

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote: Some drivers that usually start in the back should be more responsible of their actions, cause it is not really funny to play for a hour knowing that after few minutes your race is screwed up.

This!

Yesterday it was bad for Kid, watching the replay I think Lemon was in a hurry :mrgreen:

Esteban Tuero

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 7:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqNvDfwvz4

Poor Tuero, just got smashed by Ayrton... Rip little angel :cry:

Mike Nike

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 8:53 am

Nice stats, once again power. Tyty!

my race:
Well deserved race winner, grats to Tijny!
Once again I could have chosen a more rough defending line in U turn 2 - which Tijny kinda did on the 2nd steer after U turn 3 - just driving in front of me as long as there is the space - instead of slowing down and driving side by side with me. Tijnys pace was impressive. It made me push harder, but I still chose a questionable slow ish line in 2 curves in the middle part over the whole race, kind of. And U turn 2 I missed the apex so often, it's ridiculous. At least I'venot been offroad a lot - especially with the fast right-curve (3rd last curve) in this track: that feels like quite an accomplishment, going offroad there only once slightly, I think.
Funniest moment in the race: T and me go offroad for exactly 2.28sec in the same curve in lap 15. I was suddenly close to him again and felt pressured to push harder somehow. The very next curve I go offroad, kinda feeling it's gonna happen - but sometimes you take these kinda curves like a dying swan and just hope to make it. Tijny had a 2.3sec lead or so and we both lost around 3 seconds in that black out of us. That was my chance, right there :D ...but I failed - that's allright :)
When having a funny sandwich moment lapping Lewy and someone else, I lost quite some time to Tijny at some point. He decided to slow down on a straight to restore the gap again (and even accidently gave me a little bonus) - cool move! I didn't see it in the race (only in the replay), but I had a slight feeling that he did it. Although overlapping in a way to lose no time or maybe even win time is sometimes influenced highly by skill. But sometimes your influence is reduced to a tiny minimum and then you feel glad if you get a present by a sportsman that makes the race more exciting again.
Lovely again to see I am pitting very well in average. But on the other side, Tijny lost around 3 seconds in pit vs me. Making his win look even more deserved. The 1.7 sec lead in the end might look closer than the skill difference was. +-7 sec lead (~0.175sec/lap) with a decent pitting would have been appropriate, maybe.

@all, but mainly trackmakers T, Whip and Silva:
These damaging race starts really make me think back to that AntiSlider league when Mouse was still around, I think. Tracks had those mid placed grids which were that far from each other that a first curve chaos was basically eliminated. It makes a lazy (dare i say?) "trackmaker" like me think about creating an f1 track. If there is still chance to replace Ziggy, Flakemoore and Circly in this season with other tracks, I'd think about creating some. Else, I'd like to ask if the trackmakers would think about creating slightly new versions of their tracks with more "curve 1 friendly" grids. I wouldn't even bother if it would be done for Elemterekejfe as well. It's only monday yet...

@all
always a bit curious which players are improving, had a good day or a bad one compared to the races before in the season.
here a bit of an overview for last race:

significant fails:
Silva - 31 pts only this time after a 33 pts race and 2 missed races, Silva is far away from what his skill promises, I think

significant records:
Azev: 32, 29, 33 and now 38 points (place 5!) congratulations! :D ...I can still remember a qualification race I had trouble beating your solid mid fast pace. Well done!
Ayrton: "good potential" or something I heard myself saying in the qualification. 24, 22 and now 27 points (with just 17 players though)
Kid Masters: 2 missed races, then 24 and now 36 points (place 6!) - did not feel usual seeing Kid up that high. Looking at his last season, this result must have been quite satisfying, wasn't it?

pablinho15

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 2:33 pm

nice tournament Whi!

Whiplash

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Mike Nike wrote:These damaging race starts really make me think back to that AntiSlider league when Mouse was still around, I think. Tracks had those mid placed grids which were that far from each other that a first curve chaos was basically eliminated. It makes a lazy (dare i say?) "trackmaker" like me think about creating an f1 track. If there is still chance to replace Ziggy, Flakemoore and Circly in this season with other tracks, I'd think about creating some. Else, I'd like to ask if the trackmakers would think about creating slightly new versions of their tracks with more "curve 1 friendly" grids. I wouldn't even bother if it would be done for Elemterekejfe as well. It's only monday yet...

T was planning to create one, but somehow got quiet about it. Btw, about crashing in first curves... man, do you even watch real F1 these days. You can hardly see a race where first curve isn't a mayhem. It's almost a rule that somebody will lose some wing or totally stop the car. Just check Crashtappen's performances.
I actually like a bit randomness in the races, where people can be a bit lucky/unlucky and be forced to change strategy.

pablinho15 wrote:nice tournament Whi!

Welcome!

Oompa

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 11:57 am

Mike, why and how did you miss the last pole in the last turn of your provisional pole lap?

Tijny

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm

I believe you mean former provisional pole lap!

Oompa

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 1:21 pm

Oh, my!

Oompa

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 2:00 pm

I see nothing, you amateur!

The pavement was his enemy!

Tijny

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Oompa wrote:I see nothing, you amateur!

Give it a while, we depend on a team of trained chimpanzees to fetch the recordings from the server and update the standings manually. Knowing them, the new provisional and quite possibly definitive pole lap should appear later tonight.

Tijny

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Whiplash wrote:T was planning to create one, but somehow got quiet about it.

Well, I wasn't really "planning" it so much as "considering" it... and never got beyond that stage.
Btw, about crashing in first curves... man, do you even watch real F1 these days. You can hardly see a race where first curve isn't a mayhem. It's almost a rule that somebody will lose some wing or totally stop the car. Just check Crashtappen's performances.
I actually like a bit randomness in the races, where people can be a bit lucky/unlucky and be forced to change strategy.

I don't really care for the comparison to real F1, but I do agree that some element of randomness is not necessarily a bad thing. I can understand Mike's sentiment, but there's a very thin line between reducing chaos while at the same time allowing people to have a good start and gain a few places. I guess it's easy for me to say because starting near the front keeps me out of danger most of the time, but I don't think making the starting order even more important by spacing out the grid is the way to go here.

Kid Masters

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 11:19 am

We should try a race with reversed start order, just for fun :lol: :lol:

Oompa

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 11:32 am

I think maybe you would get the same results with more pain and mischief. We could do a lottery. Will you be the referee, Kid? Most fair and balanced. You could cheat yourself in the back and work your way forward, or you could continue driving like you do and get the same result only with more pain and mischief. Oh, no, less mischief. Kid will be ref.

Maybe we could agree on 1 driver cheating so we could be saved and go to heaven. The cheater goes to hell, but since we are already there it would make things better to no end!

Oompa

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 11:37 am

In real F1, the function of the lesser teams is to crash, cause mayhem and blow up and occasionally meddle at the front, but the nature of the sport means that there always will be a better car with a better driver who has to lose in order to make things interesting. We, on the other hand, have 1 car and just a couple of bastards who seem to know it all. They don't have to lose to make it interesting. In order to make it interesting we find out where they live and we will beat the shi..... oh the doorbell. Oompa goes to jail and can't drive sunday :(

Tijny

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Oompa, has anyone ever told you that you're slightly crazy? And by that I really mean charmingly eccentric.

Oompa

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 3:32 pm

You calling me a mongol?

Kid Masters

PostThu Aug 02, 2018 2:04 am

I love pain and mischief. Could you imagine T and Mike fighting with m3 ore Ayrton for the 16th? LOL

Azev

PostThu Aug 02, 2018 5:37 am

Kid Masters wrote:I love pain and mischief. Could you imagine T and Mike fighting with m3 ore Ayrton for the 16th? LOL

That seems interesting, but not for this Grand Prix #2. But T and Mike starting at the back, and having to work their way to 1, seems a good challenge. I wonder how many laps would they take. We can have bets! :lol:

Tijny

PostThu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 am

Azev wrote:That seems interesting, but not for this Grand Prix #2. But T and Mike starting at the back, and having to work their way to 1, seems a good challenge. I wonder how many laps would they take. We can have bets! :lol:

Yes, it does sound interesting. Knowing Mike, I suspect that if I were to suggest a pact with him to let ourselves drop to the last two places in lap 1, the chance of him accepting would be somewhat high...
The problem with that is that it could hurt our own battle, if one of us randomly makes his way through the pack more quickly than the other. :D

Mike Nike

PostThu Aug 02, 2018 11:05 am

Tijny wrote:Yes, it does sound interesting. Knowing Mike, I suspect that if I were to suggest a pact with him to let ourselves drop to the last two places in lap 1, the chance of him accepting would be somewhat high...
The problem with that is that it could hurt our own battle, if one of us randomly makes his way through the pack more quickly than the other. :D

That.sounds.exciiitiiiiiiiiiing! :D
I see arguments against it, but the "fun factor" would be quite high here, actually.
I'd be already in for Elemterekejfe (but probably not for every track)! So: say a word and we got a deal!
I already drove a testrace on monday: 91% startfuel, that kinda seemed safe. But starting from last row, I'd suggest we go for a super safe 92%, both.
I'd see it as a challenge to get fast through the field (although I'm wondering if we can actually catch the top drivers Oompa, Whip, Jormeli etc.). So: for me, it would be okay to not wait for each other, no matter what kind of bad luck happens. Not even a disconnection. Unless we are in position 1 and 2 - then I'd suggest a bit of a tijnyish bahrainia way.

Tijny

PostThu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 am

Mike Nike wrote:That.sounds.exciiitiiiiiiiiiing! :D
I see arguments against it, but the "fun factor" would be quite high here, actually.
I'd be already in for Elemterekejfe (but probably not for every track)! So: say a word and we got a deal!
I already drove a testrace on monday: 91% startfuel, that kinda seemed safe. But starting from last row, I'd suggest we go for a super safe 92%, both.
I'd see it as a challenge to get fast through the field (although I'm wondering if we can actually catch the top drivers Oompa, Whip, Jormeli etc.). So: for me, it would be okay to not wait for each other, no matter what kind of bad luck happens. Not even a disconnection. Unless we are in position 1 and 2 - then I'd suggest a bit of a tijnyish bahrainia way.

Yep, that's just about the expected response, right there. :D

Part of me is not masochistic enough to do this, but for the most part I'm really curious to see how this would play out. So yes, we have a deal! I guess the safest way to enforce this is to modify the starting order script so that we start from the back, but I'm not sure if the tournament direction agrees with a rulle change like that?

Oh man, I'm going to regret this... for now I see this as a one-time only thing, unless it happens to go really well for both of us.

Whiplash

PostThu Aug 02, 2018 11:33 am

Tijny wrote:...but I'm not sure if the tournament direction agrees with a rulle change like that?

You already know that such order isn't realistic.
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions