It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:57 am

Re: Formula 1 Grand Prix #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Carlos Sainz Jr

Community User Level: 1

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 12:03 pm

That was the most chaotic and insane race ever played in here. First laps had nothing less than a FCC, everybody touched everyone and I hardly believe that more than 2 or 3 cars would've continued the race if the damages were set like in reality.

Talkin' about my race, I noticed that lights turned off kinda faster than usual at start and most of the grid didn't have the reflexes to sprint in the right way (as you can see from Power's stats - still big thanks for that, buddy), so that I already had a gap from both cars in front and behind me after few seconds. While I was still realizing that, I noticed that Laf kinda slowed down to avoid some contact on the straight and, thanks to my higher pace, I decided to flank my car to his so that I can try the overtake at Turn 1. But I needed few metres more so I just focused on that and when I was happy about the result, my smile turned right after in a wtf moment when I noticed I totally missed the brake point. I completely smashed my spacebar (yeah, I brake with that key), but it was too late to prevent my wide turn, and when I tried to stay on road then I smashed the top side of the innocent Laf (big sorry for that >.<) for a big damage, while other cars overtook us easily.
"Perfect - I thought - I think I can't start my race worse than th..." and then it came turn 2. In which I basically got what I gave few seconds earlier. Tuero went too strong and he hit all Kid, Silva and me for another no-sense strike. By that point I was 15th I guess and with 88% left of engine. My destiny started to take form in this race.
What comforted me was that, as I said, a lot of people messed up these first turns, even strong opponents like Whippe or Jurge who gently kissed the rear of Tinjo and Mike Nike for example, so nothing was lost yet.
I started my personal desperate comeback by overtaking the first cars I had in front of me which were Tuero, Kid, Badoer and Augusto, then I spent a couple of laps behind Laf despite being a bit faster than him. When I was still realizing in which sector of the track I should've made the maneuvre, Azev and Jurgen, who were close to us as well, got stuck on the U Turn right before the final straight involving partly Laf and helping me to gain quickly some positions considering that I passed Jurgie and Laf during that chaos and Azevedo at Turn 1 of the following lap.
I was incredibly 8th and with no really competitors behind me, since Laf got sent offroad by Augusto and Azev had some fights with Jurgen in a F1 Full Contact race (their laps 6-7 are so fun :lol: ). So, I could've focused on reaching Silva (oh, his first 3 laps were amazing, overtaking a lot of cars at the same time with nonchalance and perfect direction lines, hats off clap clap) and Wurz who were battling for 6th place. The Portuguese looked kinda fragil by that point of the race, making small mistakes often, so that I got close to him kinda faster than expected. And then U Turn again. Silva got stuck just like the former Jonas did, and when I was about to overtake him, he decided to go wide horizontally and he hit me. -10%, 0 mph at the start of the straight and 78% of engine. At lap 10. Perfect!
Entering in some rage mode, I decided to not pit cause it was still too early for 2 pits strategy, so I just tried to run at my best in order to get rid of Silva and Badoer that took advantage of the collision for getting closer to us. And I succeeded. Oh, during these laps I also overtook Jormelion at Turn 1 after he got off the pitlane, but suddenly I decided to give him space at Turn 3 cause a fight would've been useless for both of us.
"It's lap 16, I'll go to the box by the end of this lap and I'll finally have 100% of engine, thanks god. Wait, you know what? I'll try to stop by hitting the tyres at the end of the pitlane, I think it can work". Guess what happened? Yeah. I got stuck there and I lost 3 seconds. Fancy, isn't it? No big deal tho, SIlva and Badoer were still behind me (but significantly closer) and only MaxTre and Augusto gained some positions thanks to my pit, cars that I passed in not more than a couple of laps (my personal best overtaking maneuvre, that one to Augusto at lap 18) in order to get my 7th place again.
Wurz was 7 seconds distant now, so I set my target for this second stint: close this gap and fight after my 2nd stop.
I drove few consistent laps (T, dynamic charts maybe? :D) and with a cool undercut + excellent pit I achieved my goal; Wurz was only 1.5s far now. Oh in the meanwhile both of us gained a position by overtaking Magnam on track after he decided to go for 1 pit but changing it after he got passed by both me and Wurz, nice one Croatian guy haha :wink:.
Third and last stint was a nerves war (in fact both of us made few mistakes from time to time), the distance between me and Wurz decreased and increased and then decreased again from 0.6s to 1.5s, basically close but not enough for overtakes. Then something happened. Ayrton got in our way as a lapped car, and he started to race with us like nothing wrong was happening, keepin on making dirty turns and touching us (more Wurz than me tbh). Lap 47 and first part of 48 are really hilarious to watch, I also had to avoid a kamikaze attempt in there, lol.
And yeah, after this inconvenient I was finally behind that cyan rear of the shitalian's car since the gap was just by a couple of decimals. I started to put some pressure, but at the same time I realized Tinjo was coming for our arses and lap us (thing that I hate to "concede" - ndr) which meant basically one lap less for taking that prestigious 5th place. Few laps like that, pressuring and getting pressured, til the thriller lap 52. T is really close to us, I decide it may be the right moment to let him pass so that I can have some draft on the opposite straight since we are entering in the turn right before the U in the end, but I notice that Wurz brakes in a wrong way and goes slightly off, so I still keep some pace, and I finally overtake him while giving some space to T in the middle of the road. Basically he overtook both of us in something that can be considered as a nice show moment for the business. Now it was just a matter of keeping the position on the assault on Turn 1. The most critical moment of the entire race was coming, but I made it! The remaining 2 laps were ordinary administration from that moment til the end (even tho for some moments I randomly thought that T would've given us back that second and half for getting unlapped and finishing the race with full laps, but nah :evil:)

My strong comeback finished. In the most controversial race ever. I was exhasuted but happy, it was funny after all.

Poor Wurz, always kissing my ass :*
Last edited by Carlos Sainz Jr on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kid Masters

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Well i'm not really happy with my final position but seeing the first 2 laps that's the best i could obtain without retires or big crashes. Chaos starts just at turn 2 when Tuero decides to preserve his brakes by using the rear of my car for braking, at that point i was like 86% damage. I thought worst part of the races was passed by, then lap 2 started. The multiple fight between me, Carlos, Silva, Tuero and Max Tre helped Ayrton to join me and m3, m3 passes me clean at turn 1 then Ayrton smashes my ass like i'm the fuckin Sasha Gray. So my damage went to 80. I thought yeah, Ayrton is an amateur, now i will gain some seconds on him so he cant see me again, i was gaining a bit on him but then i think he had some kind of brain lag, maybe thinking again about Sasha Gray and he rapes me at the U turn. 75% damage, i was very nervous at that point cause that's totally unfair. i decided to pit immediatly because i knew also other cars where damaged, so i went for 3 pits and from now on the only target i could reach was to beat Tuero and M3, knewing i am faster than them for now. That 3 pits strategy allowed me to reach that little target but i'm not happy about that race, i think i could reach a 10... not sure about that but for sure i could have a lot much fun fighting with other players. I had only some little fights with Jurgie and Azev but they are too fast for me so it was easy for them to overtake me, so i could fight only with M3 and Tuero. Most exciting part was interrupted by Tinjo but we had some fun here.

Esteban Tuero

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Chaos starts just at turn 2 when Tuero decides to preserve his brakes by using the rear of my car for braking

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Tuero the killer

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Nice video and nice laps, Tijny! :)

Race weekend:

Quali:
hot weather outside, combined with Tijny hitting early fast laps, while I had a pace that was around 0.4s/lap slower and a track that does not allow to defend a position that well. I switched from zoom 0.8 to 0.9, using Tijnys sector tool was costing me concentration, so I went without it: that did not help either. I probably should have switched to zoom 1.0 or 1.1, since I had a lack of aiming compared to last season.
The practice race went 11sec slower than my race last season (61min29, practice: 61min40). And my practice was with 1% less fuel, no offroad time, just a few wide curves. I remember I could hit first 2 curves way better last year - especially there I might have lost some time.

Race:
corner 1, side to side with Tijny, getting the hit by Whip made me go offroad. That was meh. But T got smashed by Jurgen and went offroad as well. With Magnam driving into me in corner 2, I had a tough time playing the sandwiched car and giving Tijny the space outside, he needed. Trying to not collide with the front and back, I could somewhat go through the lap. I feared T would soon fly away, so I drove that "practiced" overtaking line, which was not meant serious though. I did not expect to overtake and therefore almost ended up crashing into him. Short later Magnam damaged my car again and I had to take care to not hit Tijny due to the push from behind. That hit probably cost T and me a bit of a battle, since we had similar damaged cars at that point. Falling down to place 5 or almost 6, I enjoyed a quite chilled way back to place 2 though. At no point I was actually thinking seriously about a race win, so as long as place 2 was not in danger, nothing could really make me mad. Repairing the car, I could indeed gain a little time on Tijny in stint 2. Crazy thoughts came to my mind that he slows down on purpose to fake fuel saving troubles, so if I push harder, I could catch up but run out of fuel myself and get 8th place or so. In stint 3 I saved way more fuel than I had to, being paranoid due to the early loss of time in stint 1. When seeing Luca Badoer battling closely with Laf, my lead to place 3 was already so big, I ended up keeping a lot of space to Badoer at some point, so he would not fear blue flags.

pazzo: driving into Ayrton in corner 1 :D :D :D
Ayrton: kamikaze!!! omg :D

Esteban: corner 1: well! corner 2: smashing into Kid Masters like Jurgen into T. That was bad. You could have let him pass (even though it means to let pass 2-3 cars as well). But the rest of the lap you "tried" well, not crashing into anyone - that was looking good!

AncaMassa (Max Tre): beautiful!!! Keeping away from the pack, breaking early enough. All situations were looking quite fair in the first laps. Just got unlucky the other cars were not that scary to get damaged. Anyway: being in place 10 after 11 laps, even at place 9 at some point: looking quite solid! I watched 1st stint, "only".

Augusto: painful!!! Oh dear, poor Laf! After 3 little bumps into him and one mid and one big one into Badoer, I could place all my bets on Augusto touching Laf in corner 1 in lap 6 where Laf went deeply offroad. Augustos way of overtaking was like auto-scooter. Or Nascar? Whatever, bumping the car in front a bit (like Azev in end of lap 6) and pass. Poor Silva getting a bit of a victim of Augusto overtaking through a needle ear. And Laf getting side pushed (kinda body checked) by Augusto in lap 2 looked quite rude. Ice hockey style. Laf maybe could have reacted fast and let him space, but Augusto did not have to drive that risky line either or at least slow down when Laf steered left. Dunno for sure...

Kid Masters: from his lines in lap 1 you can see he was trying to drive fair, but still trying to gain positions. Pity to see him receiving 25% damage and deciding to pit veeery early just to repair his car.

Wurz: safe, fair driving in lap 1. Just a bit of damage and with some luck on place 6. Even with the nose in place 4 waters in lap 2. Later even on place 4 for a long time, but with fast drivers behind catching up, having some battle with Magnam. In the end, Jormeli easily caught him and in a tough battle with 6% more damage vs Carlos he drove offroad in the 4th last lap, already holding him back for quite a few laps. Well done, all in all!

Azev: somewhat fair lap 1, little bump into Silva and into Jurgen, but that looked overall okay. But at end of lap 6 Azev slowed down weirldy in front of Jurgen as if this was a defending move in a rough racing server. Wtf? Hardly any chance for Jurgen to avoid hitting him. You could argue that Azev might wanted to let Jurgen pass, because he crashed ugly in front of him and made Jurgen pay for his mistake. But you should really do that at a place where it less likely ends up in a crash, costing both, Jurgen and Azev a more damaged car. Jurgens pay back reaction was likely heavier than one of an average driver, but I can imagine the bad mood Jurgen must have been in at this point.

Silva: fair looking approach between the mass of cars. Entering curve 3 a bit risky inside instead of the mass avoiding outside line. Bumped into traffic and then got smashed offroad by the mass of cars behind. Quite unlucky. BUT: a couple curves later he overtakes 5 cars in 2 curves! And another 2 cars in the long straight to curve 1 in lap 2! After a slightly rough overtake vs Augusto he found himself in a quite solid position. Unluckily he went offroad once, when Lemon connected and crashed badly into tyres later and even collided with Carlos, when leaving the tyres. If Carlos should have driven a safer line around here or if Silva should have kept "waiting" in the tyres? Not sure. It felt like Carlos should have taken a safer line on first sight.

Laf: 69% energy desaster in stint 1. Or should I say he got augustoed? Either way: the rough sidepush overtake vs Badoer was looking more rough than Augustos try vs Laf later. Watching the replay a couple times made me feel like Laf should have given back the position to Badoer again.

Magnam: with the risky early dive in curve 2 and the bump into me in end of lap 1, I cannot say that I was happy with you behind me. The dive in curve 1 in lap 2 was a bit surprising to me, maybe. In the replay I see, I did not even let as much space as I should have. I probably should have dived as well, as defending move. Instead I let the door open which I did not think you would try to go through. The collision there was my fault in the end, I'd say. Lap 6 vs Jormeli: 2 rough scenes. Not looking good there :S

Carlos: bit weird curve 1 :D ...but in curve 4 it looks like you have learnt from it.

Badoer: looked quite fair in lap 1. Sad to see how damaged (84% energy) his car was.

XXX (Jurgen): rough day for him. After heavily bumping into Tijny in curve 1, it took 3 bumps into Augusto and 7-8 into Azev. When Azev did the "thing" in end of lap 6 or so and Jurgen got all kamikaze, Jurgen even got semistuck in a tree. Then Ayrton did a ridiculous "LIKE A BOSS" overtake in end of lap 8 or so. Rough sand cut and then a too fast dive, ending up using Jurgen as bounce wall in order to make the curve. When Jurgen tried to repair his car in pits, he not only crashed entering the pits. No, he only repaired to 92%. I do not really like the rough bumpy way Jurgen was driving, but I can feel how the mood was dropping slowly behind Azev, a lot more when Azev got stuck and Jurgen behind, a bit more when Azev did not let him pass and finally when Azev hit the brakes right in front of him. In lap 21 the 2 also had 2 interesting rough scenes.
Whatever punishment(s) drivers will receive: I hope we will see a bit more "giving back positions" and a little less risky late breaking in the early laps stage from the field of drivers.

Jormeli: fair and solid race! Weird moments in lap 6, when Magnam dived into him and later bumped into him.

Whip: lil bump in curve 1, but you did not overtake me: fair solution.

Tijny: quite damaged by Jurgen, 95% energy for the rest of stint 1. 61min33 with the "slowish" stint 2 - seems like a good result. In stint 3 I think I did not even look at the gap between us anymore. Most concentration went to my fuel saving paranoia :D

Esteban Tuero

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 2:15 pm

I know but i thought i could brake later and then i literally failed ahahah, btw after the first lap i started to play safely and i failed to reach m3 because of my bad net during the race :evil:

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Nice video and nice laps, Tijny! :)

Azev: somewhat fair lap 1, little bump into Silva and into Jurgen, but that looked overall okay. But at end of lap 6 Azev slowed down weirldy in front of Jurgen as if this was a defending move in a rough racing server. Wtf? Hardly any chance for Jurgen to avoid hitting him. You could argue that Azev might wanted to let Jurgen pass, because he crashed ugly in front of him and made Jurgen pay for his mistake. But you should really do that at a place where it less likely ends up in a crash, costing both, Jurgen and Azev a more damaged car. Jurgens pay back reaction was likely heavier than one of an average driver, but I can imagine the bad mood Jurgen must have been in at this point.

What a nice overall review you made, of everyone! I can only answer for me, but having Jurgen constantly hitting me, made me do a stupid thing. If you have someone slower in front of you, you have to brake earlier. I tried to do that everytime (but failed a couple times, I think with Kid and Max). Complaining that I'm slow in corners (I was) is just stupid.

magnam

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 6:26 pm

great review, keep it coming :D

Mike Nike

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 7:27 pm

@Carlos:
I love that passion in your race story, Carlos! :)

Azev wrote:having Jurgen constantly hitting me, made me do a stupid thing. If you have someone slower in front of you, you have to brake earlier. I tried to do that everytime (but failed a couple times, I think with Kid and Max). Complaining that I'm slow in corners (I was) is just stupid.

Good argument with the "constantly hitting". The hits are damaging your car and lower your chances to catch up with cars in front. That would make me somewhat upset at some point, too. I personally do not remember whether Jurgen is driven that way all the time or if it is just his current internet connection creating troubles for him. Just like someone with a 200ms ping is constantly surprised by early braking cars. Breaking earlier than usual and hoping for an open door at the end of the next straight is the way it goes, it seems. Although: some drivers might profit from their image of being a ticking bomb in the back of your car - Augusto for example :D

At Avantura, the next track, I already tested overtaking situations. It is not easy if there are many cars in front. Even when braking way earlier than normal, sometimes you crash into the big crash in front of you. The r/l/r chicane side by side driving is quite tricky and the side by side driving at the fast left top part of the track might create some dramatic side-pushes into the sand. It might be wise to have some experience there to handle that part well or just avoid it in the race. Also, the top left part is one of those draft traps, where you go offroad with too much speed as hunting car.

Tijny

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 4:35 am

Mike Nike wrote:Also, the top left part is one of those draft traps, where you go offroad with too much speed as hunting car.

I think we need to tweak the settings a bit, it doesn't make much sense that the loss of grip (up to 20% currently) when drafting is much larger than the reduction in drag (up to 12%). Having these settings be equal would probably be "realistic", but in order to promote close racing and overtaking, I think the grip loss effect could even be a bit weaker (maybe like 10%) than the drag reduction. Not sure though, because that might also cause more collisions which we already have enough of.

On a different note, the servers are currently experiencing major technical problems, so there's no qualifying for the time being. I also don't know when it's going to be fixed, so yeah, that's fun!

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 am

mike i think you pretty much summed up everything i can say as far as that race went.
about the bumping i was simply driving my lines a tad sharper then azev his and yes i don't deny "bumping him a few times" nothing that serious though hardly big % too worry about every time he simply surprised me about how long it took him to accelerate out of corners.
anyway i was trying to adjust after that horrid first corner but didn't get a chance before receiving a full on brake while so close with draft was really the drop,
finally i can overtake him on a straight without bumping and he keeps me behind with these tricks i took measure in own hands only because it was azev.

we got 9 races 8 count im trying to participate all but probably going to miss 1 so getting a decent raceresult seems very crucial
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Mike Nike

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 9:59 am

Tijny wrote:
Mike Nike wrote:Also, the top left part is one of those draft traps, where you go offroad with too much speed as hunting car.

I think we need to tweak the settings a bit, it doesn't make much sense that the loss of grip (up to 20% currently) when drafting is much larger than the reduction in drag (up to 12%). Having these settings be equal would probably be "realistic", but in order to promote close racing and overtaking, I think the grip loss effect could even be a bit weaker (maybe like 10%) than the drag reduction. Not sure though, because that might also cause more collisions which we already have enough of.

On a different note, the servers are currently experiencing major technical problems, so there's no qualifying for the time being. I also don't know when it's going to be fixed, so yeah, that's fun!

The way you talk about the grip and draft, it sounds like you know what you are talking about. I'd trust you blind here and give my vote for your favorite suggestion.

Concerning the server problems: what should we do?
A) wait and postpone the season/race to whenever the server is fixed?
B) temporarily qualify on another LVP server? (is this possible?)
C) temporarily host a totally new server? (what kind of minimum requirements it must have? just checked out a cheap vserver for 2eur/month I wouldn't mind paying for, but wouldn't know whether it is enough for our purposes - in German though: https://www.hosttest.de/vserver/1gb-lvz-2018-2063.html)
D) allow a local qualification (tsr files to be sent via email)?

Tijny

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 10:29 am

Mike Nike wrote:The way you talk about the grip and draft, it sounds like you know what you are talking about. I'd trust you blind here and give my vote for your favorite suggestion.

Well, since I said the "R"-word, I imagine Whip won't want anything other than the values being equal. But who knows. :D

Mike Nike wrote:Concerning the server problems: what should we do?
A) wait and postpone the season/race to whenever the server is fixed?
B) temporarily qualify on another LVP server? (is this possible?)
C) temporarily host a totally new server? (what kind of minimum requirements it must have? just checked out a cheap vserver for 2eur/month I wouldn't mind paying for, but wouldn't know whether it is enough for our purposes - in German though: https://www.hosttest.de/vserver/1gb-lvz-2018-2063.html)
D) allow a local qualification (tsr files to be sent via email)?

A) I guess we can wait for now, if it's fixed by tomorrow then I don't see any issues.
B) Not possible, all TS servers run on the same machine which currently has a broken filesystem.
C) That's a good possibility, as long as we merge the .re2 files once the LVP server is fixed. TS is extremely cheap in terms of hardware requirements, so I don't see any issues whatsoever there. It wouldn't have any live stats scripts, because the ones used on the LVP server depend on a whole bunch of system-specific stuff and it would be a pain to install.
D) Ideally I'd avoid that, because the qualifying/starting order script needs the .re2 entries. For a moment I thought about allowing record exporting, but that would probably pollute the whole system with non-participants so that won't work well either.

Whiplash

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 2:57 pm

In case we don't get server fixed, I recommend simply to run direct qualifications (6 laps) just before the race on Sunday. But we'll probably have time to do some wanks that day at least.

Azev

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 5:37 am

Whiplash wrote:In case we don't get server fixed, I recommend simply to run direct qualifications (6 laps) just before the race on Sunday. But we'll probably have time to do some wanks that day at least.

Soooo, do we still have a race tomorrow?

Whiplash

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 4:58 pm

I confirm that the next race will still be driven at 21:00 CET. We will drive qualifications directly by setting up 4-6 laps before the main race. We will use Silva's server.

Alexander Wurz

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Whiplash wrote:I confirm that the next race will still be driven at 21:00 CET. We will drive qualifications directly by setting up 4-6 laps before the main race. We will use Silva's server.

21 CET or 21 GMT?
Plus, quali session begins at that time or earlier?

Oompa

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Hurrah!

Whiplash

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Alexander Wurz wrote:
Whiplash wrote:I confirm that the next race will still be driven at 21:00 CET. We will drive qualifications directly by setting up 4-6 laps before the main race. We will use Silva's server.

21 CET or 21 GMT?

Yeah, GMT - my bad.

Anyway, video is uploaded (client version) and standings are updated. Congrats to Mike!
Notice: In case we don't get LVP servers back, the next race will be driven the same way at the same time.

I analyzed the video quickly and saw a lot of unfair driving. Lewy, Ayrton - you need to be much more careful (Lewy should not race with 1 lap faster cars). Lemon vs Astunce was also very rough duel. Astunce had late defending and Lemon had too optimistic attacks in last part of the race (also, lap 18 was painful from both).

My race
One of the worst. :wink: I stucked once and missed braking point once. Also, I smacked to stucked Ayrton and got a lot of damage in last part of the race.

Esteban Tuero

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 am

I Lost lot of seconds because of Lewy :x :x

power79

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 1:56 am

Unfortunately I can't make race stats from client side video.

Whiplash

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 4:24 am

power79 wrote:Unfortunately I can't make race stats from client side video.

Ah, damn. Well, I forgot to tell Silva to enable recording on his server. Next time it will be done. Thanks anyway.

Azev

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am

This was my worst race. Having the 3rd qualification time gave me some extra pressure (Whip and Oompa behind), that I could not handle in race. I was really slow! :? Although, before I start making stupid mistakes, the first laps were pure awesomeness! Great fights!

Azev

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 4:31 am

And a technical question... Is it really that hard to have the F1 scripts running on Silva's server? You have access there

Azev

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 am

Kid, the track is on Silva's server all week, don't complain next Sunday that you are slow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Alexander Wurz

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 6:44 am

Despite not practicing all week I figured out how to get a (lucky) fast lap in qualis and started P6. Fortunately I could get out of the initial pack without any damage and P3, too. Then I couldn't find a consistent pace in first few laps, until lap 8 or so where Jormeli caught me up and was kind of a carrot for the bunny (me).
Lap 10 a huge mistake that kept me out of the fight with Azev and Silva who Jor and I managed to catch with good pace. From then on a disastrous race in terms of pace, and the crash with Lewy around lap 20 just made me rage as f***. I still don't know how someone keeps racing without knowing basic rules --> BLUE f*** FLAGS GODDAMMIT.
But in the end I can't be really nor satisfied nor dissatisfied with P9: with the pace I had that was probably the most I could get...maybe something more without my crash in lap 10.
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions