It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:49 am

Quick Punaball 2vs2 Mixed Cup 2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Quick Punaball 2vs2 Mixed Cup 2

PostSat Jan 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Quick PunaBall 2vs2 Mixed Cup 2 (either 31th January or 1st February, vote depending):

- similar to the 1st version (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3095&p=34931#p34931)
- Registration open until friday 23:59 CET, 30.1.2015
- Register by telling when you want to play (multiselection possible):
a) 31.01.2015 Saturday starting 14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 CET
b) 01.02.2015 Sunday starting 14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 CET

Example (my vote):
a) 14-21i (i stands for: "i"f necessary)
b) 14-17,18-21i

The Cup length will be adjusted, so we can play 2 rounds at the same time (at 2 servers), since no latejoiners should be there anymore. That means: probably just around 2 hours cup length.
I'm fine with alternating the cup times, so everybody once in a while has the chance to take part...instead of always deciding on the most voted cuptime. So yes, if people like the mixed pb cups, there will be more.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Re: Quick Punaball 2vs2 Mixed Cup 2

PostTue Jan 27, 2015 10:12 am

i have been thinking about this but it is quite the same as the issue with the PCL cup the registration part at least i dont want to sign up if that will mess up the cups structure

i think the last mixed cup went smoothly even though i didn't watch or participate but from how i watched back the results and structure.

i would try to participate the next event if possible, but id rather see an event start time so i can freely join and participate if i think i can make it and play it out.
Instead of giving my times and sign up (with the chance that something comes up and i wont show up)

ill gladly give you my times that are most desirable for me to play which is
a) 20CET till whenever :)
b) 20CET till about 1:00CET

but i cant guarantee my sign up

:wink:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

kapa112

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Jan 29, 2015 3:11 am

This time I'm in too. I'd prefer Saturday from around 20CET(or perhaps a bit later), and Sunday closer to 21CET, since I'm bestest between 21 and 23. :D Or will the cup end at 21? In that case, I'd be probably out again.

Jan

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Jan 29, 2015 11:52 am

I'll most likely be there if it's on Sunday.

Kyna_musti

PostThu Jan 29, 2015 3:17 pm

I'll be there if its on saturday and after 19CET. I'm at my friend's house on sunday because of Super Bowl.

so
a) 19-

xzeal

PostFri Jan 30, 2015 12:40 pm

so I will try to make it.

I prefer Saturday. Any time is fine, if it is Sunday after 19CET I probably wont show up.

Mike Nike

PostFri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Saturday (today) 20 CET it is. Just show up or sign up in addition here. Also you might want to be warmed up a little until then.
Under certain circumstances there might be a cup at Sunday (tomorrow) 17 CET as well.

@Jurgen
yeah, i guess fixing the date (and open it for registrations) instead of voting it over a relatively long period of time is better. next time then..

kapa112

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 4:25 am

Me be in, so don't let some popo steal my spot.

Mike Nike

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 6:22 am

I'm gonna fall from grace and cancel my host/participation from the 20 CET event for a sudden family meeting with someone i see less than 1 time per year, next to some others i don't see a lot as well. Funnily and a bit ironicly it will include a mixed 2vs2 cup as well..(billard,dart,table football etc.).

But you guys can still meet up and have some 2vs2 mixed games, trying to host/co host without me being there.
No random seeding then (unless you find an own easy way and want that randomizing thingy), 2 parallel running rounds thx to 2 LVP servers (in case no LVP admin has something against it), cup seedings based on the baserank and who shows up in time.

an updated baserank i'm gonna try to post earlier or later. if it doesn't come, we gonna use the pre seedings from here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3095&p=34931#p34931

Jan

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 10:20 am

Oh crap. My plans got cancelled so I would've made it tonight.

Kyna_musti

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 11:27 am

damn, i have to go to my girlfriend's parents house so i won't be there at 20 CET. maybe later, but not before 21 CET. Lets see

Jurgen-NL

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 11:43 am

i wouldnt mind taking over hosting for a night id just have to know how the rankings exactly work etc.
i would add that anyone who joins this 2nd edition and hasnt participated in the 1st hosting of this event would just get 13th then 14th etc.

wouldnt that be easier then using base ranks for the 2nd edition? or am i missing some point to the baserank then?
as for the 3rd for this would use both results from the previous 2 editions and that would make a change to the rankings right?

:wink:

it would prolly be easier if T would join or similiar and has more knowledge of how this would be played out ;)

Jurgen-NL

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 3:45 pm

seems failed :wink:

Mike Nike

PostSun Feb 01, 2015 7:09 am

Today, 17 CET (in ~4 hours) i'll try to host a 2vs2 mixed PB cup then..with those who show up.

szymek66

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostSun Feb 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Why that early :(?

Mike Nike

PostSun Feb 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Participants:

1 Rub
2 Kapa
3 Mike Nike
4 Xzeal
5 RSX
6 Reirom
* Paw

Paw quit early during round 1, as expected by Tijny.
Thanks Tijny at that point for helping out when i screwed up as serveradmin :D

Semi Final: 12min games
6-4 Mike Xzeal vs RSX Reirom
3-5 Mike Reirom vs Xzeal RSX
4-6 Mike RSX vs Xzeal Reirom

1. 17-11 Xzeal
2. 13-15 Mike Nike
2. 13-15 RSX
2. 13-15 Reirom

Baserank order was Mike/Xzeal/RSX/Reirom, so Mike goes to final.
Thanks Xzeal at that point for playing the rule nazi instead of Mike letting popowitch into the cup.
Pitty RSX had a bit connection problems at 3-3 in last game.
I remember a "2-2" goal thx to bad warps, average slight to medium bad warps for me and 1-2 short disconnections.
All in all, with no practice, i played kinda bad. At least it didn't look this time like a total desaster like in last cup.
For some reason it felt like i tried to play less stupid when playing with xzeal, trying not to disappoint him :D..and with xzeal on fire it worked out:
Also, i accidently thought that i was gonna be a split 2nd place with Reirom being last place and realized my mistake a bit late - after the 3rd game.
So, i almost let Reirom pass me and RSX and wouldn't have even noticed. Next time i should probably post results after 2 games in chat first, maybe.

Final: 12min games
3-6 Rub Kapa vs Xzeal Mike
7-7 Rub Xzeal vs Kapa Mike (after 4-1) and 7-5 short before end, strong Kapa and lucky scores by Mike
3-4 Rub Mike vs Kapa Xzeal

1. 17-13 Xzeal
2. 16-14 Mike Nike
3. 14-16 Kapa
4. 13-17 Rub

The warmup effect probably let me and xzeal win the first game - with xzeal being a bit on fire.
I felt like playing the worst, playing couple times bad in defence and having no serious plans for the attack.
I don't wanna make down xzeal mini cup win, but i'm afraid the warmup factor is a bad thing in order trying to compare results.
Taking last cup, me being pretty unmotivated (not caring for own results, as long as being better than Reirom), 0 practice, trying to concentrate on hosting

the cup, i probably played my worst or at least 2nd worst cup in TS ever.

Results:
1. Xzeal
2. Mike Nike
3. Kapa
4. Rub
5. RSX
5. Reirom

17.00-17.15 CET was showup time.
End of cup was 19.18 CET circa.

Next cups will be 14.2. and 15.2. most likely.
7.2. there is Dakar, 8.2. i'd most likely have time around noon/early afternoon only. Maybe

@Szymek
due to the votings/pre cup registrations.

xzeal

PostMon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 am

Well I hope Mike learned a few lessons about organizing a cup. Like yelling "a cup in 4 hours" on the forums and then making up the rules as we go along is not a recipe for harmony and success.

I was pretty grumpy during the cup as you might have noticed.

Anyway the games:

Round 1 Mike - rei and rsx - I felt the most comfortable with rsx actually, Rei was being rei like always and Mike was... hmm... it seemed like teamwork wise confused as to what he should be doing. Or possibly I didn't get what he wanted to do, lack of synergy basically, I was pretty rubbish in that game too, created tons of good chances and then failed the shot. I don't know if that is fair, but I am pretty critical of my teammates teamwork most of the time. It is not like it could be MY fault :D.

Round 2: After the first round which we won pretty easily (I had some rather fancy goals there) we got to the second game of me and rub vs Mike and kapa. Kapa got his shit together at 4-0, the man was in the zone, everything I do got predicted, and countered, there was no way out playing him at that stage so I got pretty defensive. Was stuck in defence mode through the last game, stalling a bit actually in the last 5 minutes. Had a nice DISCONNECTED in the last game, had to restart router, lost 2 minutes.

12 min matches were... bearable - still would prefer no time limit.

Thoughts on the mixed cups so far: Timed games (which lead to ties) + goal difference + base rank (how dare you rank olio so low!) leads to something bizarre. (timed games + goal difference sends a mixed message "go on an all out attack, NOW! time is running out!!! oh but do be careful you dont concede goals since the goal difference matters). It removes the nice certainty you find in normal pb mixed rounds. Somebody gets singled out every time as the winner or the loser. I was hoping the mixed cups would be built around that feature. Also specs shouldnt be allowed to talk mid game and no "sec" during timed cup games please.

Despite all the whining in my post I do appreciate the effort of Mike actually hosting something. I really do... but that was the worst organized cup in quite a while. I wonder if that is why I won :).

Last mixed cup was very good from the organizational point of view (5 min matches should still burn in hell though).

Return to Competitions