It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:31 am

Punaball Champions League - Group Stages Draw

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

shyguy1001

Community User Level: 5

Punaball Champions League - Group Stages Draw

PostMon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Here's the draw for the first ever edition of the Punaball Champions League group stages!! I hope your team had good luck! On this topic, discuss the draw and what you think it means for your team, and on the topic entitled Gameweek 1, discuss your availability for the first round of games, as well as find the doodle form to fill out.

Seems BVB have the group of death :( Remember, the Top 2 will go through from each group, and the group winners will be kept apart in the quarter finals. You will play 4 games, so vs each team twice, once home, once away. The group stages will take a maximum of 4 weeks - twice you will play 2 games in one week, one time 1 game, and if any games have to be postponed, they will be played in the 4th week. If by some miracle, no games are postponed, then the 4th week can be a rest week before the knockout stages!
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Tijny

Re: Punaball Champions League - Group Stages Draw

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 3:42 am

Yay, nicely drawn shygay! All good dudes in our group. But I would think the group of death is actually Group D, seems to me that's the only group without a weaker brother.

Jan

Community User Level: 3

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 3:52 am

I'm happy with our group. We get to kick some REIROM ass! :twisted:

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 am

Indeed nice groups, im not happy with my group yet im not too sad either. We have lost to benfica in the test cup and will try to take revenge in the PCL.

as far as Celtic a good team we will have to stay sharp and we can beat them but let down our guard and we could be toast!

ps. shyguy got any videos from test cup done?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Mike Nike

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 7:00 am

Group A
Real Madrid - Jan + Pewex
Monaco - Muffin + RSX
Roma - Mike Nike + REIROM

Group B
Arsenal - Tijny + Badeend
Borussia Dortmund - Szymek + Shyguy
Barcelona - Rub + Kapa

Group C
Sampdoria - Dede + Olio
Bayer Leverkusen - Oompa + Whiplash
Juventus - Hejman + Kyna

Group D
Benfica - Famaugusta + Palo
Celtic - Xzeal + Fatty
Liverpool - Jurgen + Arsen

Luka

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 8:18 am

Good group! We have to win :D

dede

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 am

Good group, olio is a bit disappointed that we won't play against good players in first month, so he will start playing in 1 month. Reirom says that I can win easily all group matches alone, so it's fine.

Jan

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 10:55 am

dede wrote:Good group, olio is a bit disappointed that we won't play against good players in first month

Not true, check this:
edureirom wrote:whip is improving too i win with him some game.

edureirom wrote:kyna for me is the surprise new player i see.

Must be tough even for you!

Fama

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 11:18 am

Famaugusta :lol: Augusta is an old portuguese name/surname. Fama it's fine ;p

About the drawings, which were followed through our pcl skype chat and, although I would prefer a draw live broadcasted with a bold guy from UEFA (i'm obviously joking) with some hot and cold balls (major cheats), the groups are interesting.

Here's my personal analysis:
A - Although Real and Roma seems to be the favourites, nothing is guaranteed, A.S. Monaco can snatch some victories
B - The group of death, 2 glorious teams (Barcelona and Arsenal) and a less favourite but super motivated (and skilled) BVB.
C - Juve and Sampdoria will fight for the 1st place and Bayer still have a word to say (attention to player oompa and the renewed player Whiplash).
D - A group with 3 classic teams from the old continent. It will be great to play these matches.

Good luck everyone.

Jan

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 12:52 pm

It's great that we don't know yet which group will face which in the knock-out stage so nobody can't tactically try to be 2nd in their group to avoid some big team that stumbled a bit and finished 2nd. Definitely a good decision to draw the KO pairs after the group stage is finished. :wink:

shyguy1001

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Jan wrote:It's great that we don't know yet which group will face which in the knock-out stage so nobody can't tactically try to be 2nd in their group to avoid some big team that stumbled a bit and finished 2nd. Definitely a good decision to draw the KO pairs after the group stage is finished. :wink:

Yeah, thats how real life Champions League do it. It'll be same for Semi Finals, although thats more about just some fun unpredictability :)

And btw, I agree Group D is the strongest, whoever does not go through from there is very unlucky! Group B is only the group of death if BVB perform somewhere near our potential, I feel we can both be good if we get everything right!

dede

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Jan wrote:It's great that we don't know yet which group will face which in the knock-out stage so nobody can't tactically try to be 2nd in their group to avoid some big team that stumbled a bit and finished 2nd. Definitely a good decision to draw the KO pairs after the group stage is finished. :wink:

I don't agree. Olio is scared about this system so he suggested to end up in 3rd position in order to avoid hard matches after group stages.

shyguy1001

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 5:15 pm

dede wrote:

I don't agree. Olio is scared about this system so he suggested to end up in 3rd position in order to avoid hard matches after group stages.

On a more serious note, I did think about a possible "all in one night" PEL Cup (Puna Europa League), with the 4 group losers. Only if those guys want to, it could be done in "round robin" style, with perhaps a final then at the end between the two with the most points. However, it's not essential, only if those eliminated feel they are missing out of all the knock-out action! I wouldn't show it on video either, it would just be entirely for fun :)

Speaking about videos, I think realistically, Friday/Saturday is possible, but we'll see. I need to concentrate on having good "ready to go" graphics for the actual cup, as thats whats most important ofc :)

Jurgen-NL

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 5:38 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:
dede wrote:

On a more serious note, I did think about a possible "all in one night" PEL Cup (Puna Europa League), with the 4 group losers. Only if those guys want to, it could be done in "round robin" style, with perhaps a final then at the end between the two with the most points. However, it's not essential, only if those eliminated feel they are missing out of all the knock-out action! I wouldn't show it on video either, it would just be entirely for fun :)

how about a fun new arena slightly adjusted with 4 goals on east west north and south free for all :p
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Return to Competitions