It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:36 am

Re: Formula 1 Grand Prix #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Turbo Sliders

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 8:37 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
---------------Formula 1 Grand Prix---------------
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

(This topic is used for further competition organizing. This is also the place where you can discuss all about the competition.)

Competition page

Take your time and vote for the time you prefer the main race to be at. You can vote for more than one option and you can change your vote whenever you want to, until we close the poll just before the first main race.

Kid Masters

Community User Level: 1

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 am

We are very excited for the new season. I hope the italian squad will be very large. So you guys made the server able to run automatically???

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 11:51 am

Pretty much, yeah. Qualyfication server (LVP 3) will be started on this Sunday. Test race is on next Sunday. Full track pack will be downloadable soon.

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostSat Jun 23, 2018 9:46 am

Whiplash wrote:Pretty much, yeah. Qualyfication server (LVP 3) will be started on this Sunday. Test race is on next Sunday. Full track pack will be downloadable soon.

New tracks for this new season?

Whiplash

PostSat Jun 23, 2018 9:59 am

Azev wrote:New tracks for this new season?

We will replace 4 tracks. One of them is Drosovce, remplaced by Drosovce-short. One new is made by Rendy and two by Silva. You can already see the calendar on the competition page.

Kid Masters

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm

I was wondering, how do you spam the competition? How can we know if players that have played all the first tournament know about that second shit? People like lema, ftronic and many others...can we do something about it?

Whiplash

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Kid Masters wrote:I was wondering, how do you spam the competition? How can we know if players that have played all the first tournament know about that second shit? People like lema, ftronic and many others...can we do something about it?

I planned to send mass mail to all community members (people registered on forum). I guess that will help. And, ftronic already knows about it.

magnam

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 12:57 pm

why not put a few more tracks?

Whiplash

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 2:46 pm

magnam wrote:why not put a few more tracks?

10 is just enough. Look, the competition will last over 2 months already.

pol2381

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 pm

hi guys;

I am new here, I have a couple of questions.

Where are the servers? I am from Argentina and I am affraid about the lag
Can I participate?
How can I participate?
I am going to buy a license tjis friday (pay day :-) ), but is mandatory buy one?

thanks a lot for your time.

Kid Masters

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 3:44 pm

Something is wrong with the time table... some of us have improved their time this noon but nothing changed... wtf?

Whiplash

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 3:49 pm

pol2381 wrote:hi guys; I am new here...

Hi there too. It's always nice to see new faces in the community.

pol2381 wrote:Where are the servers?

Hmm, we had a small server crash today, so you maybe came online just at that time. Basically, you just need to go to Network Game -> Server List and you'll get all the servers listed. LVP 3 is the one where qualifications are. Do you maybe use Mac? If not, then you shouldn't have any problems.

pol2381 wrote:I am from Argentina and I am affraid about the lag. Can I participate?

We had a lot of players from South America in the past and most of them managed to play. Sure, you will have high ping, but if your Internet is stable (preferable cable), you should be able to play.

pol2381 wrote:How can I participate?

Subscription isn't needed. All you need is to join LVP3 server and drive one good lap there. Your best lap will define your starting position. You can keep trying in period of Mon-Sat, 24 hours per day. ;) You need to get to top 20. If not, we might organize Division 2 race for those positioned 21st and lower (but that depends on number of participants). You can read all the other details about the competition on THIS PAGE (link for qualifications ranking is on calendar).

pol2381 wrote:I am going to buy a license tjis friday (pay day :-) ), but is mandatory buy one?

TS isn't free game on paper, but it is in fact. :wink: It has all options unlocked, so you should buy it more for a reason to give respect to the game developer and his great job. :wink:

Kid Masters wrote:Something is wrong with the time table... some of us have improved their time this noon but nothing changed... wtf?

Everything is good. It's just that this ranking is now alternative and it has to be refreshed manually. I do it only 1-2 per day. We need Badeend to show up so he could fix the main ranking.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostWed Jun 27, 2018 4:23 am

next issue seems the servers are down / offline

edit: seems they are back online again
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

power79

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 am

Here is Merged video of Top2 times at the moment:
Top2.tsr
Princess Tinja 1:28.503
[+] Badeend 1:28.883

oops. was supposed to make a reply not edit.
Last edited by power79 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jurgen-NL

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 9:53 am

nah power ill take the credits for that nick and time :lol:

i dunno just random name change and since i was forced with only the green color i later switched back to 1 of my older nicknames godlike ...

;)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

magnam

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 11:38 am

power79 wrote:Here is Merged video of Top2 times at the moment:
Top2.tsr
Princess Tinja 1:03.261
X X X 1:03.394

Is "X X X" Mike? The car looks same. I don't understand these constant name changes but whatever.

OT:
Turbo Sliders doesn't seem to accept higher resolutions than 2560x1600. Or I can put 3840x2160 in sliders.ini but when I close the game it changes it back to 2560x1600. Could Ande give the game 4k support?

And Whip, if you are using my FLFINDER for those top lists, you should update it to fix that bug that puts + sign in front of every time.

power, would it be to much tao ask to put merge my best time with curent leader best, if its not too hard to do

Whiplash

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 11:49 am

power79 wrote:Is "X X X" Mike? The car looks same. I don't understand these constant name changes but whatever.

Nah, that's Jurgue. That bastard is ruining the ranking.

power79 wrote:Turbo Sliders doesn't seem to accept higher resolutions than 2560x1600. Or I can put 3840x2160 in sliders.ini but when I close the game it changes it back to 2560x1600. Could Ande give the game 4k support?

I'm not sure about that. I'll definitely ask that if he ever finds time to work on the game again. Are you telling me that the game sets up 4K, but it resets it when you start the game again?

power79 wrote:And Whip, if you are using my FLFINDER for those top lists, you should update it to fix that bug that puts + sign in front of every time.

I just updated it and got this result:
http://xtreame-team.game.ba/TSR_upload/ ... plist.html

P.S.
Glad to see you back.

power79

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Whiplash wrote:I'm not sure about that. I'll definitely ask that if he ever finds time to work on the game again. Are you telling me that the game sets up 4K, but it resets it when you start the game again?

Tried without fullscreen and I guess it doesn't accept 4k resolution at all. Maybe its better because the text is already super small with 2650x1600.

I just updated it and got this result:
http://xtreame-team.game.ba/TSR_upload/ ... plist.html

Sorry, I thought I had updated the file. Now it should be correct version. And I think you forgot the output directory because now tsr links are missing the correct directory path. Just overwrite the old exe file but keep your settings file (flfinder.ini) in same directory.

magnam wrote:power, would it be to much tao ask to put merge my best time with curent leader best, if its not too hard to do

Magnam_vs_Tijny
Princess Tinja 1:03.155
Magnam 1:03.708
There was little "jump" in one part but that was in the recording itself so I couldn't do anything about that.

magnam

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 1:06 pm

that was fast :) thank you!?.

Whiplash

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 1:30 pm

power79 wrote: Now it should be correct version. And I think you forgot the output directory because now tsr links are missing the correct directory path. Just overwrite the old exe file but keep your settings file (flfinder.ini) in same directory.

The tool doesn't remember URL to To List now - it doesn't store that info in .ini file for some reason.

And, you should share that video merging tool with us too. ;) Make a new forum topic for it if you do so.

power79

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Whiplash wrote:The tool doesn't remember URL to To List now - it doesn't store that info in .ini file for some reason.

And, you should share that video merging tool with us too. ;) Make a new forum topic for it if you do so.

Oh, wow. I guess I have messed up with the different versions or backups during the last year. Well I hope that this time it finally works correctly.

If I publish merging tool I know there's going to be another 100 feature requests which I am really not interested doing right now. Summer is bad time for me anyway (I can't participate the competition). The tool only merges two videos together without checking any compatibility and you still have to cut the original tsr videos manually to get them starting from same spot.

Whiplash

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 5:18 pm

power79 wrote:Well I hope that this time it finally works correctly.

Yeah, you fixed that. But now I just noticed another small "bug": when text file is generated, it cuts of players names if they're longer. It's really not that big problem, but it would be good if you could enlarge maximum characters of the longest name.
And it would be good if you could prevent those _TEMPRES and _ZLIBEXGZ files to show up together with generated top lists.

Blister-

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 1:32 am

Hey!

I used to play this game like in 2006-2009 if I recall right and I'd like to get to race again. Not sure if memories grow sweeter with time because I just tried doing couple laps in that qualification server and it was much harder than I remembered. But it's been a while so I guess I'm just a bit rusty. :roll:

Anyway like I said I did couple laps there and I believe my best lap was around 1:06.8. I don't see it yet on the top list, hopefully it's just not updated yet. :)

Azev

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 10:07 am

Blister- wrote:Hey!

I used to play this game like in 2006-2009 if I recall right and I'd like to get to race again. Not sure if memories grow sweeter with time because I just tried doing couple laps in that qualification server and it was much harder than I remembered. But it's been a while so I guess I'm just a bit rusty. :roll:

Anyway like I said I did couple laps there and I believe my best lap was around 1:06.8. I don't see it yet on the top list, hopefully it's just not updated yet. :)

Welcome back! F1 is a new car, you probably used to play with Anti Slider ;)
That list is updated once in a while

Whiplash

PostSat Jun 30, 2018 11:01 am

Blister- wrote:Hey!

Yeah, welcome back! I could agree that this car is harder to drive than the others. It's made to be closer to "realism". :p You can read more tips about it on the competition page.
And, yes, we manually update the ranking 1-2 times per day. We hope to automatize that to be updated more frequently.
Next

Return to Competitions