It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Formula 1 Grand Prix #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 8:44 am

Oompa wrote:Nice Mike. Is was thinking the same. Maybe XBumpz for so long, and maybe we could hold Puna cup? Slider cups, puna cups, TSE F1 cups. I'm in.

Puna with missiles in XBumpz track and tanks?

Seriously, I'm in for some sort of competition later today! We can use Silva servers

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 am

Azev wrote:Seriously, I'm in for some sort of competition later today! We can use Silva servers

Can we? I took Silva servers down (at his request) when I brought back some of the LVP ones. But sure, we can use those instead. For what, I'm not sure. I made some balance changes to my "default" car pack so I would've liked to do some of that, but during the first public test yesterday it wasn't well received by Mike in particular, even though I myself was really happy with how it felt... so that was quite the turn-off for me. Still, I know Mike is extremely conservative when it comes to that sort of thing, so maybe we can still do that. Unless someone else has a better idea?

Azev

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 10:12 am

Tijny wrote:
Azev wrote:Seriously, I'm in for some sort of competition later today! We can use Silva servers

Can we? I took Silva servers down (at his request) when I brought back some of the LVP ones. But sure, we can use those instead. For what, I'm not sure. I made some balance changes to my "default" car pack so I would've liked to do some of that, but during the first public test yesterday it wasn't well received by Mike in particular, even though I myself was really happy with how it felt... so that was quite the turn-off for me. Still, I know Mike is extremely conservative when it comes to that sort of thing, so maybe we can still do that. Unless someone else has a better idea?

Oh, I said that just in case you or Whip weren't around. If you're here later, then it makes sense using LVP, if they are available, of course.

What about Whip's WTCC car? It was kind of fun, but never saw it again

Oompa

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 1:01 pm

FC and Puna galore tonight?

power79

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Aug 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Here is Merged video of Top2 times at the moment:
Top2.tsr
[x] Mike Nike 1:35.120
Princess Tinja 1:35.258

Sector 1 Time

1. [x] Mike Nike 27.447 sec. (Lap 3) Enter Speed: 277,0 Exit Speed: 146,7
2. Princess Tinja 27.591 sec. (Lap 5) Enter Speed: 277,4 Exit Speed: 155,2

Sector 2 Time

1. Princess Tinja 30.216 sec. (Lap 5) Enter Speed: 155,2 Exit Speed: 279,4
2. [x] Mike Nike 30.318 sec. (Lap 3) Enter Speed: 146,7 Exit Speed: 279,1

Sector 3 Time

1. [x] Mike Nike 37.356 sec. (Lap 3) Enter Speed: 279,1 Exit Speed: 276,4
2. Princess Tinja 37.451 sec. (Lap 5) Enter Speed: 279,4 Exit Speed: 276,6

Top Speed

1. [x] Mike Nike 302.7 (Lap 3)
2. Princess Tinja 301.7 (Lap 5)

Mike Nike

PostThu Aug 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Ty, power!

little statistic update for last race:

new season lows:
name (new season low (place), season best at last race, season low at last race) | difference
Silva (19, 8, 10) -9 (connection probs or so)
Wurz (12, 6, 9) -3
Enrico Papi (18, 15, 15) -3
Kid Masters (15, 12, 13) -2

new season highs:
Lemon (7, 8, 14) +1
Ayrton (9, 14, 19) +5

In other words: Wurz with a rather disappointing result - Lemon and especially Ayrton with solid improvements! We see Ayrton practicing a lot anyway on the qualification server. Seems to work out :)

power79

Will

Community User Level: 1

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 4:13 am

Finally got home in time for a race!
This was probably my best starting position in a Formula 1 race ever, 6th I believe, and more amazing is the fact that i didn't run a single qualifying lap at all! Just you guys know how brilliant i am. Someone said it was a bug but that is probably just jealousy.
Anyway, that unexpected starting position, not knowing the track and not even knowing the color of my car at first, made for an interesting approach to the first corner. Amazingly it went quite well. The funny thing is that during the first part of the race while i was trying to learn it, things went reasonably well and I had a good fight with papi. It was only when i was feeling more confident that things went wrong with several off track excursions. Anyway it was all in vain when i had some visits at home. Who the f*** comes for a visit on a Sunday night?? Oh right, my brother in law :/

Tijny

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 am

Will wrote:This was probably my best starting position in a Formula 1 race ever, 6th I believe, and more amazing is the fact that i didn't run a single qualifying lap at all! Just you guys know how brilliant i am. Someone said it was a bug but that is probably just jealousy.

Nice, well done! You can thank Ayrton for that (and also me, for not handling this case correctly in the starting grid script...), who qualified in both 7th and 11th place. The 11 overrode the 7, which became the first unoccupied position. Sorry about that, Ayrton.

All in all a pretty uneventful race for me. I suggested a relatively minor handicap to Mike (+5% startfuel and at least 3 stops) because Jurgen was really quick in qualifying, but in the end we (or at least I) might have been able to get away with something a bit tougher. My most interesting moments were the battle in turn 1, where MN and J were kind enough to let me through relatively easily, as well as the cleanup duties I performed to get Reinikainen's corpse out of the way. That made me feel good about myself!

Also, really sad to hear that many Italian and Portuguese players experienced major disconnections, but please don't blame the server. This is exactly the same server that we had been using for years until we switched over to the (now defunct) new one, and if it was really to blame then everyone would have had the issue, not just the people from Southern European countries.

Azev

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 6:11 am

Tijny wrote:
Also, really sad to hear that many Italian and Portuguese players experienced major disconnections, but please don't blame the server. This is exactly the same server that we had been using for years until we switched over to the (now defunct) new one, and if it was really to blame then everyone would have had the issue, not just the people from Southern European countries.

Yeah, bad luck. The first time, me and Silva were on the start-finish straight, so it was not that bad, although very weird, because the car suddenly turned left.

On lap 35 it was worse, and I even looked to the "ESC" key, as I tried to come back from Africa.

I hate this track, had a shitty qualification, but enjoyed the race. Always in fight with Silva, and trying to catch Whip. Carlos got close sometimes, but not near enough for a fight.

Oompa

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 6:34 am

It was a good scrap with Jormeli and Jurgens. I was running in fourth when all of a suddens there was a car in the middle of the track. It eliminated Whiplash and later took out Jurgen. Gotta pay attention to those! It was near the end of the race, however, that I began to understand some turns properly. I made an extra stop to keep Jurgen away from me, and set out after Jormeli, poked at his insides, but he was too sturdy!

Kisses to Ayrton for being fucked by the universe.

Mike Nike

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 9:05 am

@Will
Heh, Will's story reminds me to my nascar "debut" a few days ago. But Will, didn't Lemon or so hit you offroad in lap 1? That was dirty.

@disconnections
you 3 guys would have my vote to give you back the lost time or positions for the season ranking. But I would also understand, if Whip decides to keep up the dramatic random bad luck factor as something that can go in everyones favour as well from time to time.

@race
hardly any practice for the race in the race week. Thought I won't need much, but when I practiced sunday morning before going to bed, I got a headache and felt quite tired and drove somewhat off pace. Sunday evening in first 6 lap practice I could only get a 1.36.2 or so. As expected, I was going to have a tough time challenging Jurgen with the additional fuel and pit handicap, but as it turned out, Jurgen got unlucky with some trees in the pit (and crashing into that one car, like Whip did :S). Myself: crashing into Ayrton (x sec lost) and being hold back by him twice later (2x2,5sec) later + the slight damage (blue flags...argh) added up. Without, Tijny would have still won with a dominating margin though. Also sorry for Ayrton though with the start order - I gave him a good feeling that it would work without knowing that the script could f*ck something up.

@stats by power
fast stats again there. big thanks again!
"X X X 0.000 sec." <- start reaction time like a boss, but Carlos ain't bad either
"17. Ayrton 1.37% (23) Total Damage: 49.3%" <- so many collisions...and 30 times offroad...
"1. [x] Mike Nike 20.861 sec. (3)" <- already feared pitting twice in 2nd row might slow me down, but it turned out well again <3 - even fastest single pit award, yay!
But wtf did Laf do in the pits? Did he have to change his 4 tyres all by himself? Twice???
"1. [x] Mike Nike 311.0 (Lap 27)" <- top speed record? Me? Rare occasion...that reminds me how often i accidently hit the inside grass in the 2nd last curve. That hardly ever happened in the quali.
"3. Magnam 25.0% 1.0% (Laps: 10)" <- was that planned?
Lapped Cars -> me 29 and Tijny just 11. Seems I won the race, right?

Will

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 10:49 am

Mike Nike wrote:@Will
Heh, Will's story reminds me to my nascar "debut" a few days ago. But Will, didn't Lemon or so hit you offroad in lap 1? That was dirty.

I don't really remember anything particularly nasty, probably because i was too busy trying to not mess anyone's race since i didn't really knew the track layout. Anyway, on the second lap i was already last so that starting advantage didn't last long.
About the disconnections/lags i didn't suffer any despite being in portugal but saw someone ahead of me going for an off-road excursion in the most comical way, only explainable by a huge lag.

Oompa

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 1:17 pm

Oompa ---> X X X ( 2,0%) TimeStamp: 20:29.760
Oompa ---> X X X ( 1,7%) TimeStamp: 20:38.100
LAP 16: ***************************************************************
Oompa ---> X X X ( 3,5%) TimeStamp: 24:50.420
X X X ---> Reinikainen (16,6%) TimeStamp: 25:01.740

XD

Azev

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 4:55 am

3. Azev 1:05.870 F1-Genesis 21.8.2018
4. Jormeli 1:05.877 F1-Genesis 20.8.2018
5. Lemon 1:05.890 F1-Genesis 20.8.2018
6. Silva 1:06.001 F1-Genesis 21.8.2018
7. Oompa 1:06.021 F1-Genesis 21.8.2018
8. Ayrton 1:06.085 F1-Genesis 21.8.2018
9. Laf 1:06.098 F1-Genesis 21.8.2018

This is going to be a fun qualification!

And regarding the next race, we probably should use Silva's server, just to be safe. We are still having the ocasional lags, sending us into safari mode.

Tijny

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Azev wrote:And regarding the next race, we probably should use Silva's server, just to be safe. We are still having the ocasional lags, sending us into safari mode.

Agreed. I still have trouble believing it's directly caused by the LVP server, but fact is that it does happen for whatever reason, and there's nothing I can do to fix it.
I would need to transfer some files to Silva's server directly before the race, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Also, here's some footage of my provisional pole lap: https://youtu.be/mnugMz8FFwg

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 2:10 pm

that lap seems beaten! :lol:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Mike Nike

PostSun Aug 26, 2018 3:38 am

little statistic update for last race:
...and the award for the best personal improvement goes to...Enrico Papi for his 12th place <3

new season lows:
name (new season low (place), season best at last race - season low at last race) | difference
Magnam 17,7-12 -5
Lemon 18,7-14 -4
Oompa 4,2-3 -1
Whiplash 6,3-5 -1

new season highs:
Enrico Papi 12,15-18 +3
Kid Masters 11,12-15 +1
Silva 7,8-19 +1

power79

PostSun Aug 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Azev

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 4:29 am

What an awesome race, always fighting with someone! First with Silva and Carlos, then just Carlos, and in the end, Carlos and Wurz.
And Carlos, there was an overtaking I forced a little. I had new tires, and I thought you didn't.

Magnam: should we let him race like this? Those first laps he is much faster on straights, but only on straights. Also, since he's not gonna do the whole race, probably doesn't care much of damage.

Ayrton: more of the same, no respect for other drivers, not even lapped.

Seems Silva and T were on the same strategy with 5 pits. :mrgreen: Silva's pit on lap 54 is weird.

Tijny

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 9:06 am

Azev wrote:Magnam: should we let him race like this? Those first laps he is much faster on straights, but only on straights. Also, since he's not gonna do the whole race, probably doesn't care much of damage.

Yep, I disagree with him doing this too. The stats say he didn't have too many collisions but having a car that's so much faster is asking for trouble and also really annoying.

My race - the handicap that Mike and I decided to do didn't hurt me nearly as much as it hurt him, because he got stuck in traffic while I avoided almost all of it. So that was a bit of a shame. I did have some fun little scuffles with Jurgen and Whip but in the end I was pitting every other lap out of complete boredom. So yeah, that was nice.

Jurgen-NL

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 10:50 am

before i have read anything after last nights race

i apoligize for what happend in lap 7 lap 8 i tried to keep my car off track once i figured i couldnt play with those kind of warps but ended warping back on track and got a major collison with 1-2 players idk who im sorry :(
not much more i can say felt really consistent and competitive on the track maybe next time better circumstances again

also i would like to open a discussion for diffrent fuel settings in the next event whenever that is :idea: :!:
in my opnion setting 1 big tank even though thats how it goes in the current formula 1 is boring use what we got f*** the safety of the pitcrews in Turbosliders
because im quite bored myself driving a car i havent really used in qualifying in the first laps of the race since i never drive locally with all the settings fuel draft tyres etc etc way too much of a hassle to set up and so the car im given has totally diffrent handling until we get to 50% of the race somewhat when im like finnally this is more like it
also you wont have the trouble of a magnam on the road not a very constructive note but still a + i guess :D
Last edited by Jurgen-NL on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Mike Nike

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 11:01 am

Last year on Flakemoore:

(tsr downloadable 1.20.4xy)
http://lvp-ts.com/laptimes/?track=4KT_F ... er=server3

(race results etc)
http://www.kolumbus.fi/arilai79/4KT_Flakemoore_v3.txt

(and for those who remember my 3d project: sry...no further "news" yet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D12wOU_ ... e=youtu.be

Carlos Sainz Jr

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 pm

It was a nice race indeed, I guess that shorter tracks help in terms of fun. And yeah Azevedo, that overtake was kinda dirty, for some moments I thought you would've given me back my position but oh well no big deal, even 'cause I kinda received a similar treatment by Laf in the same spot during the early stages of the race, so probably the problem was me not steering properly somehow :D.

Lights turned off really quick but that didn't affect a good fair start by all of us for what I remember. And yeah, after I got rid of the lowest positions (I'm the Stroll of qualifications :mrgreen:) I noticed a cool duel between Silva and Azev on my screen. I realized they were having fun so I tryharded on joining them, and I succeeded thanks to their fight and a cool race pace of mine until that moment of the game. Oh, in the middle of it I also experienced some laps with Mike Nike, and at some point I was even about to overtake him, but I was not close enough. Dang, got excited for nothing >.<.
I also got surprised when I stayed in front of the Portugueses Derrick twins after my pit-stop because we were close and they stopped one lap earlier, I think I really pushed hard and that (plus three good stops according to Power's stats) gave me its fruits.

And yeah, I really liked the track, but at the same time I cursed it a lot really, something like once every 5-7 laps, cause in some turns either way you make them perfect or you're waaaay slower than the other cars. And I went wide way too many times godverdomme :x

Final laps looked interesting, even cause of Wurz's strategy that almost paid off, but mayhem occurred. Me, Wurz, Azev and a lapped Ayrton fought with each other with too much "ignorance" that costed us some damage and let the Benfica supporter run away. By that point I just focused on saving some fuel even tho I don't know how to do it, so I started to make funny direction lines til the end of the race. Fun Fact: I realized only after few minutes that Mike Nike didn't finish the race which allowed me to repeat my career best placement. Not that bad all in all.

Azev

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:
I also got surprised when I stayed in front of the Portugueses Derrick twins after my pit-stop because we were close and they stopped one lap earlier, I think I really pushed hard and that (plus three good stops according to Power's stats) gave me its fruits.

The word you are looking is Laf. I got stuck :P
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions