It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:34 am

alt-tabbing problem

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

alt-tabbing problem

PostSat Jul 14, 2018 5:35 am

Heu!

I don't know how to solve the switching to Windows problem I have with TS. I can go to desktop from the game, but then I'm stuck and cannot return to the game. A small title bar of TS or something can be seen in one corner of the screen, but as I said, can't go back. Solutions? Maybe there was a small, quick fix for this, but I've forgotten..

PS. Would like to join Sunday's F1 race with you, but I'm not entirely sure of my connection speed here in the countryside and I seem to be more than 1.2 seconds per lap off the pace anyway :/

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: alt-tabbing problem

PostSat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 am

Some other players experienced the same problem and I'm one of them. I guess it's related to certain GPUs (mostly integrated ones). I use windows key instead - can you?
See also if changing driver to SDL in video settings makes it better.

But, please, help us to debug the problem. Just do this:

- Right click on TS shortcut and in target line add "-debug 3", so it should look like this
"...\Turbo Sliders\sliders.exe" -debug 3"

- Produce the bug (crash) and then just find file "output.txt" inside of the game folder.

- Send me that file. It might be good to compress it (zip or rar) in order to lower the file size if its too big.

Mike Nike

Re: alt-tabbing problem

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Had a similar problem and ended up playing TS in window mode with a resolution that is equal to the desktop one. No beautiful solution, but ALT TAB worked without TS hanging.

Return to General Discussion